Yinfara music

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Yinfara music

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:18 pm

I'm sure some of you have seen the Yinfara thread (for those of you who havn't it's under project forums called "yinfara" now, yinfara is a very cozy age, a great place to hang out with your friends. it needs very sentimental music that'll make you never want to leave it's surreal beauty. I know it's alot to ask, but pleese try, this age can be the most beautifull age ever! (we need especially sentimental music at the waterfall area, that's the coziest part in my oppinion)
Justintime9

Re: Yinfara music

Postby Kiril » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:05 am

Justintime9 wrote:I'm sure some of u have seen the Yinfara thread (for those of u who havn't it's under project forums called "yinfara" now, yinfara is a very cozy age, a great place to hang out with your friends. it needs very sentimental music that'll make u never want to leave it's surreal beuty. I know it's alot to ask, but pleese try, this age can be the most beautifull age ever! (we need especially sentimental music at the waterfall area, that's the coziest part in my oppinion)

I've looked at the thread and some of the sketches and it does seem to be a great concept. In order to create the right music we need a bit more to go on than "sentimental". So here are some additional questions: (in no particular order)

1. What emotional response do we want to invoke in the explorer who enters this age?
2. Do we need/want different music in different parts of the age?
3. If #2 is yes, then question #1 applies to each area of the age where different music bed is needed/required.
4. Do we want some sort of over-all theme to loop either when an explorer first arrives or upon completion of some aspect of the age (think of the cave theme from Minkata, or the shaft elevator in Descent from MV-EOA.) If so, how "stand out" do we want it to be and what sort of feel does it need?
5. What sound effects will be needed and where in the age? (doors, squeaks, bongs, twigs, footfalls, etc etc)
6. Will there be ambient sound - birds,animals, wind, rain, etc? Where?
7. What are the time constraints -- how long or short does any music bed need to be?
8. Is there a certain style of music desired for a theme, or at a particular spot in the age (ie rhythmic, jazzy, quiet, classical, experimental, new age etc etc)?

That's what come to mind right now. These sorts of parameters help composers better understand what is desired.

Ideally, we'd have 2-3 good options for each aspect and whoever the "director" is for the age will have to make a final determination as to what fits best.

Kiril
Kiril

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:11 am

well, the age should be cozy, it's a tropical age that's kind of a tribute to myst Island (at last I think of it that way) but... now that i think of it... we should wait til the age is nearing Completion to put music it, u know, so the composer can go there and get a feel of what kind of music it should have... so let's "postpone" this thread until theres at least more renderings...
Justintime9

Postby Kiril » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:37 am

Justintime9 wrote:well, the age should be cozy, it's a tropical age that's kind of a tribute to myst Island (at last I think of it that way) but... now that i think of it... we should wait til the age is nearing Completion to put music it, u know, so the composer can go there and get a feel of what kind of music it should have... so let's "postpone" this thread until theres at least more renderings...

I would agree that would be better. Has the storyline for the age been defined yet?
Kiril

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 am

no, we're still kind of Ironing out all the bugs in the design, we might add a swamp and change the waterfall... anyway I'll reply to this thread once we're ready for music :)
Justintime9

Return to Yinfara