Re-thinking Island layout

A beautiful, colorful jungle Age with many secrets. HELP WANTED!

Moderator: Justintime9

Re: Re-thinking Island layout

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Well, I don't know if magnetic storms are realistic or not... I just think that it's more plausible for storms to approach the island naturally, myself.
And I like the lightning rods too...my original thought was that it would be to hard to mine the metal for them, refine it, smelt it, and pound it into a lightning rod. Same thing for a telescope...you'd have to produce the glass for the lense and then form the lense shape, which would be tough unless you had experience with that. But both of these problems are removed if the ship the castaway was on when he washed up on the island was carrying a telescope and some equipment that could readily be made into lightning rods.
Jennifer_P

Postby Justintime9 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm

how bout, he was shipwrecked on the island, and he used the lightning as Power on the island, not to get off the island. his problem was that when he made a sail boat to sail in durring a storm (the wind is the strongest then) when he tried to push the boat into the water, the wind was too strong, and it tipped over the boat, and it was too heavy to pick up on his own. he tried building a shelter around it to protect it from wind, but that got knocked over, (the remains of which are still there) and then, he found a cave, it was hidden very good so, he had already tried many other things, so finnally he put the boat in the cave (which had a passage to the water, kinda like the area in secret room in the prison in riven) so he put the boat in there, and pushed it into the water from there, and the cave worked, and he was able to sail off the island.

O, and about cozy, yes, it was lonelly and strange and beautiful, but at some times, I longed to see atrus and his family living a simple life by themselves, it always made me want to be there with them, in their own private world... I want to be able to do that in yinfara with my uru friends, to sit on the cozy dock and chat, enjoy the shade beauty of the forest, and enjoy beautiful, sentimental music in cirtain areas, listen to the rich ambience of the waterfall, the birds. that' s what I Image Yinfara like.
Justintime9

Postby JulyForToday » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:20 pm

Most of this was stuff I was messing with last week. It's basically just a topographical version of the map I posted earlier. You get the general feel for how the age would look if we were to make it like this. Although I concede that it would be much more difficult to make it larger than the original idea.

And I finally figured out the IMG tags, so here is some eye candy..

The hut.
The hut again..
The western beach
The swamp
The mountain
The jungle/island interior
overview
JulyForToday

Postby Paradox » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:07 pm

Wow!

That looks amazing JFT!
Paradox

Postby Jojon » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:30 am

About the physics; how about (this is no doubt some mortally flawed kryptoscience, but hey - it's a game - fantasy stuff) an ancient meteorite hit, covering a vast area of an otherwise well conducting seabed, with a dielectric compound, with the exception of the peak at the centre of the crater, which consists of ejected rock from below. I surmise you might get lots of weaker discharges around the perimeter and some rather nasty and concentrated storms building up over the island.
Jojon

Postby JulyForToday » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm not sure whether or not this re-design of the island is outta the scope of what this project is, so I'd like to know whether we would be proceeding down this avenue, or using the original design for the island. I can retrofit this island to something else pretty easily, so maybe it would be come a different age, and Yinfara can stay the original. Not sure how you guys feel about it.
JulyForToday

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:23 am

Ya... i dunno... we could put a swamp in... preferably to the left of the waterfall on my map, u know, that's just kinda empty space. btw, i saw your pics, and will the leaves be more colorfull? cuz, u know... the leaves should be really brightly colored.
Justintime9

Postby Jamey » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Do you guys think there could be any place on the island where we could put in a tropical sort of wet savanah? with tall wet moist grasss? :?:

Thanks ;)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Justintime9 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:32 am

ah, good Idea, perhaps somewhere to the right or left of the Swamp, u know, where the ground is slowly getting dryer. That would b a good addition :) o, and kyashii, u might wanna help us come up with a storyline, we're having a bit of trouble with that (or rather, I don't like any Ideas anyone's said yet :P) lol
Justintime9

Postby Lontahv » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:11 pm

I don't mean to cause trouble by releasing this. I was kind of playing around in blender and I thought "hey why don't I make a Yinfara island that has a mountain like my island last time and also a very flat beach like JFT's island so... here it is(brown means soil and yellow means sand and white means snow) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1919569189164287846
I don't want anyone to take this wrong... just playing around and I thought maybe justin would like the layout. :)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Yinfara