Animations Won't Stop Looping

Special tutorials, usually for the exporter plugin, but also general modeling tutorials.

Animations Won't Stop Looping

Postby sculp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 am

Hi folks, hope someone can help.. I've been trying my hand at some ipo animations, which seem to export ok, but no matter what I do I cannot stop them from looping. This was fine at first, because I was pleased to see that it works and it's so much cooler than Python anims.My understanding is that adding the following code in alcscript would prevent the anim from starting on link-in
Code: Select all
<object>:
    animations:
        - name: <animation name>
          autostart: 0
          loop: 0   

should this code work on it's own or does it need to be used in conjunction with some more script before it has the desired effect? (ie stop the b****y thing!)
I'm pretty new at alcscript, maybe I'm labouring under some fundamental misunderstanding..?
sculp

Re: Animations Won't Stop Looping

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 am

Yes, that should stop it. Try using the correct indentation (and maybe drop those spaces at the end). AlcScript is very picky about indentation.

Code: Select all
<object>:
    animations:
      - name: <animation name>
        autostart: 0
        loop: 0
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby sculp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Yup, the spacing was at fault. Thanks for your Eagle Eye D'Lanor
sculp

Postby sculp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:21 am

Postscript to the above:
I'm not sure what I did, but shortly after I posted last the looping and autostart behaviour returned, despite having correctly spaced my alcscript. Several hours of frustration later I decided to try deleting the .sav file for the age, as I had begun to notice that altering the details of the ipo animation made no difference on export..?? That did the trick. Why would this be? (I know it's not necessary always to know what's happening under the bonnet, but knowledge is power...) :geek:
sculp

Postby diafero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:41 am

Uru uses the sav file to save an animation's state, which means that if you change some details only, it will still use the old animation's last state instead of starting from scratch. Especially when you are working on sounds or animations, you should always remove the sav file of your age after (or while) exporting.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby sculp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Ok thanks
sculp

Return to Tutorials