Changes in this release:
- Added the ability to animate lamp color and energy
- Added the ability to animate omni lamp attenuation
- Added the ability to animate SFX volumes
- Added the ability to animate spot lamp cone size
- Added the ability to bind texture animations to SDL variables
- Added the ability to export realtime shadow casters
- Added the ability to toggle depth test settings on textures
- Added the Render > Lighting modifier to allow better understanding of lighting results
- * Changed the Animation Command Message node to prevent subtle bugs
- Cleaned up the Animation Group modifier
- ** Fixed an issue in which all faces were exported with 'smooth' shading
- Fixed an issue in which exported Responders could get stuck
- *** Fixed an issue in which lamp falloff values were exported incorrectly
- Fixed an issue in which Sound Messages would crash the exporter
- Fixed an issue in which the static light baking function would generate tons of garbage light groups and not remove them
- **** Improved the exporting of stencils such that the result in Uru will more closely match the Blender preview.
- Limited all meshes to 0x8000 vertices to prevent URU crashes
- Reenabled Blender's Material Transparency panel
Remember that Korman is still in beta (that's why the first number in the version is a zero). Development has already begun on Korman 0.06 and will focus more on age wiring. There are already a few things done and a few more in the pipeline. I won't spoil all of the surprises, but I will say that Korman 0.06 will have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit installer. I know several of you have been looking forward to that
* - Animation Command nodes now require the Blender Object name to be specified if you are targeting a Texture animation. The export will fail if you do not update your nodes.
** - Blender faces are shaded either "smooth" or "flat". Blender's default is "flat", however, Korman previously always exported faces with "smooth" shading. Korman now exports your faces based on what you have set each face to shade as. This change will make the Blender preview and result in URU more consistent.
*** - Previously, Korman exported lamp falloff incorrectly. Standard lamps were exported with a falloff value of half the value specified in Blender while sphere falloff values have been doubled. You will need to tweak your falloff values accordingly to regain the old functionality.
**** - Previously, Korman exported stencils such that they only affected a single layer. However, in the Blender preview, stencils affect all preceding layers. Korman now exports stencil layers such that the result in Plasma matches the Blender preview. Note however that there is a maximum of 6 stencils per material.