PyPRP new version downloadable now

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: PyPRP new version downloadable now

Postby Kato » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:48 pm

Everything but the pistons is working for me at the moment (sound code commented out of course). It also doesn't store the SDL variable right. Here's the log. The SDL file and the four Python files ARE present.

Code: Select all
(01/12 19:45:27) Python file FuncChk01_notwerkin003.py was not found.
(01/12 19:45:27) Traceback (most recent call last):
(01/12 19:45:27)   File "xAgeSDLBoolShowHide.py", line 31, in OnServerInitComplete
(01/12 19:45:27) KeyError: Age Global SDL for FuncChk01_notwerkin003 does not exist!
(01/12 19:45:33) OnNotfiy: id= 1
(01/12 19:45:33) ID of Clickable logicmod: 1
(01/12 19:45:33) Message: <PlasmaTypes.ptAttribString instance at 0x16CAABE8>
(01/12 19:45:33) Value of message: 'GateButton'
(01/12 19:45:33) Processing Gate
(01/12 19:45:34) OnNotfiy: id= 1
(01/12 19:45:34) ID of Clickable logicmod: 1
(01/12 19:45:34) Message: <PlasmaTypes.ptAttribString instance at 0x16CAABE8>
(01/12 19:45:34) Value of message: 'GateButton'
(01/12 19:45:34) Processing Gate

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Marcello » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Hmm, forgot to check the SDL file. Will do that tomorrow (which it already is, it being 2:29 AM). Strange that the pistons are working fine for me and everybody else is having troubles.
Marcello

Postby andylegate » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:02 pm

hehehehe......wooooow.....

I just tried to export my Camp Bravo Training Age using the new plugin (now that I've got it all working and uploaded to the Maintainers, I can play around some..)

First it wagged it's finger at me.....see, with the old stable version 0.5 you could be sloppy and leave things in, like a camera region with no camera......
Not the new one! It went "Ah ah ahhhh! No no. You got to get this outta here buddy, there's no associated camera!"

I was like....ooops. sorry.
So cleaned up the Age.

Tried again, and it had a heart ache with my sky and sky texture. Not sure why. But decided to erase all the prp and age files. Then deleted the texture cache. Saved and reloaded a few times. Try again.
This time Blender CRASHED! hehehehe.....right when it got to my sky.
Going to try again in a minute.
Must say this is fun since I don't have a deadline against me.

EDIT: little later...
hehehe, just as I suspected.....the new plugin wants us to be all neat and clean! I forgot to give my sky a material since it was just UV mapped. Automaterial was generated with the old plug in, the new one gave me an error. Slapped in a material real quick, and BAM my Age exported just fine! Rubbing my hands.......can't wait to l ink in and look around!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:17 pm

ROFL!!!!!! hahahaha!....oh me oh my!

Didn't get a chance to see my Age. Moment I linked in, I fell through the ground! What up with that??

er.....did you guys change the collision properties and flags?? I mean all my logic is there according to Blender:

col_type =4
col_flags5 = 00000044

I really should not have fallen through the age....
andylegate

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Good luck Andy.

I just had to move over all my objects from my experimental Age to a New Age with the NEW way the plugin works, the plugin compiles the Age, I can load it into ULM, but as soon as I try to play the Age, uru tells me that "files are missing or corrupt".

What am I missing, or forgetting now? :(
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby andylegate » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:30 pm

I don't know. I'm REALLY confused now! I thought I was learning this stuff quite well, but now the rules have changed it seems.

I opened up Trylon's little test age he included with the download, to see what the logic properties for his ground was....

There are no collision properties. None. No where where an Avie would stand.
He's got some colliders for his fence, but.....

then I went to layer 3.......THERE'S NO BOOK!! No xBook.....no xPages......

yet people in this thread said that they exported the age and only problems were sound or piston animation.....

*sigh*
If y'all were going to COMPLETELY change how Ages are made, then you need to include a tutorial on how to make them now, along with the new plug in. At least a "This is how it's done now" type of paper for us to read, sheesh......

Now us soloists really are in the dark......

EDIT: I found the book! You have to go to the Text Editor and select book. I shows the xBook, xPage properties there..........THAT would have been nice to know....now, still trying to figure out how to make my ground solid.......
andylegate

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:44 pm

If I remember, if there are no specified flags, the plugin establishes a default for each.

But I agree, a tutorial on the revised way to make an Age would help, I now have my experimental Age unuseable, and I don't know why anymore.
Code: Select all
[Camera Camera]
 [Coordinate Interface Camera]
 [LogicHelper]
   No actions in list
None
   Exporting modifiers
   No modifiers
None
Exporting Camera Modifier Object
Calculating FOV for lens is 35 mm
 Camera Brain: fixed
Exporting CameraBrain1
 Decoding MixedRef: None
WARNING: Could not decode False to an object type code. Type of object: <type 'bool'>
Error: Decoding error on keystring None and basetype False
WARNING: Could not decode False to an object type code. Type of object: <type 'bool'>
Error: Decoding error on keystring None and basetype False
Exporting CameraBrain1_Fixed

Pic of the Age as it is now
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/Grogyan/G5.jpg
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby andylegate » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Well, I tried putting in a collision plane so I wouldn't fall through the ground.......no go...fell right through.

So I hit escape, as I've got flymode installed. flew back up and looked around.

Good god almighty! Just about all my textures are screwed up! I'll have to re texture everything in my Age! All I used before was UV maps, but they are all twisted and smeared, and.......enough to make me want to cry!

I think I'm going to dump this plugin and go back to the old stable version of 0.5 until I start seeing some answers. Mainly something that shows:

"To do this now, you have to do it this way now."

Until then, this plugin doesn't do me a whole heck of a lot of good, as I have no idea how to use it.
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Anyone having problems, take a look at the new thread I started in this section. It has info about this new Plugin that Trylon mentioned before when he did a pre-release. I suppose it would have been handy at the beginning of this thread too. It at least tells me the answer to MY problem....... :D
andylegate

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:35 pm

Well, I knew this was coming. Unfortunately Trylon was too busy writing his changes to write a tutorial on how they worked, and generally assumed that everyone knew what they were doing.

After he released the new plugin, I attempted to convert my age, still unimaginatively named "tunnelDemo" to use the new plugin. It is, as of now, still unpresentable. This, however, is a list of changes that I found along the way. I had the advantage of talking to Trylon in IRC to get some of the solutions.

Collision: Now uses the "Bounds" button found just above the text properties list.
Texturing: The "Map Input" options are now read by the plugin. If you've got the default (Orco) selected, that's what it's going to feed to the prp. You need to select "UV" to have it use the UV coordinates for your textures.
Materials: Materials in blender default to double sided. This property is now read by the plugin. The "double sided" button is found in the edit buttons area. Edit: This has since been changed. This now uses the "TwoSide" button in the editing panels only visible in UV edit mode.
Specular Lighting: Now works. Underneath your material color (Col) you'll see the specular color. (Spe) This is the 'shiny color'. If it's white, (the default) your objects will show white highlights.
General Lighting: All surfaces are now affected by all lights by default. If you want to have your surfaces not affected by dynamic light, set the "Shadeless" option in the materials panel.
Camera regions: Camera regions are not parsed the same way. They now require an alcscript as well as the text properties to operate. More on this later.
Footstep regions: These don't use the same argument for the sound anymore. Instead of adding the property [int footstepsound 13] you would use [string surface metalLadder]
Swim surfaces: don't appear to use the actual geometry, but instead exports a square surface. Causes severe problems with areas underneath a swimmable area. [Edit: fixed by setting the Bounds on the swimsurface correctly. (ie static trianglemesh)]
Ladders: Give up now.
Last edited by Nadnerb on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News