Information on the GoW PyPRP

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Information on the GoW PyPRP

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 pm

During the past months, the current active PyPRP Developers have decided that it would be best if PyPRP's development were isolated from the Alcugs Project. Almlys (the founder of the Alcugs Project) has been very gracious to us over the past two years, but a difference in opinions on the future of PyPRP has shown us that we would be better served moving away... It is his goal to write his own game engine and introduce a "world creation framework" into PyPRP that would support both his engine and Uru, but we are only concerned with bettering Uru Content Creation.

We (of course) wish Almlys luck with his new project, the "7d7 Engine."

From henceforth, all new PyPRP updates will be announced here.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Information on the GoW PyPRP

Postby Aloys » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello there new forum. :)
Aloys

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:24 pm

You only have an OfsX curve.
When the plugin is deciding whether to create an animation it checks to see if there are (ofsx & ofsy & ofsz) curves, which is what is created by default when you create a keyframe using [I] -> "Ofs". Did you delete the other curves?
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:35 pm

I deleted them because they did not work. But that was when I was using a pre 1.3.0 version. I can easily put them back and retry.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Adding the Y and Z offsets did not help.

I noticed that the texture lost its transparency. It is a transparent png. Perhaps PyPRP cannot handle transparent images.

I needed transparency in my skydome to make the clear color of the age shine through it. The age has changing fog colors so I cannot match the sky map itself. And if I disable No Mist the sky becomes invisible.

I think I will give up. Combined with the broken avatar shadows and the non functional 3d sound PyPRP 1.3.0 has no benefits for me. I have no other choice than to revert this age back to version 1.2.1.

Edit:
Ok, the layer anim works now. I did not change any settings but had to delete my age from the sav folder.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Zrax » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Per popular request (or at least, request of Nadnerb :P -- I haven't been keeping up with these forums lately, so forgive me if other people have already requested this), I have added a script which takes a nightly snapshot of the PyPRP repository, so that those of you who don't have or want to mess with SVN clients can still get the latest development builds.

The builds are created nightly at midnight (EST), and can be retrieved from the following locations:
http://svn.guildofwriters.com/pyprp_nightly.zip (ZIP format, common for Windows)
http://svn.guildofwriters.com/pyprp_nightly.tar.gz (Tarball format, common for *nix)

Enjoy :)
Zrax

Postby Aloys » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:15 am

That's a very cool feature, thanks. :)
Aloys

Return to Guild News