Monthly Guild of Messengers Meetings

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Monthly Guild of Messengers Meetings

Postby Marten » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:21 pm

As mentioned on the MOUL forum, the Guild of Messengers has decided (on short notice, we apologize) to hold a meeting on Saturday, March 1 at 16:00 KI time in the Relayer Corps Bevin.

From the announcement:
...we think it would be awesome if reps from the GoW, the GoG, the GoC and the GoMa could attend, plus any other interested parties across the cavern. WE may hold another meeting at a later date for this purpose if it proves necessary, as a large chunk of the meeting will probably working out things within the GoMe itself.

Some of the topics we will be covering are in this discussion at the Guild of Messengers forum; most of the meat of the discussion is on page 2 of that topic. Of special interest to the other guilds is a proposal that we make arrangements for a liaison to each of the other guilds. The Guild of Writers has asked for one (to yet be determined), and recently Kerryth has volunteered to be the GoMe liaison to the Maintainers.

Any Writers are welcome to add suggestions to this very discussion thread, in case you are unable to attend. The GoMe has also caught a little flack over the forum signup process, so until that problem is ironed out, I want to make the "virtual suggestion box" as accessible as possible.
Last edited by Marten on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Guild of Messengers - Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Rel.to - Your Link to All Things D'ni
Marten

Re: Guild of Messengers mtg Sat Mar 1 16:00 KItime

Postby Narym » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Marten, how on earth did you manage to post this topic? I didn't have a new topic button in this subforum..

But yeah, what he said. If a GoW rep could be at this meeting, I think it would be most beneficial for all of us :)
Narym

Postby Marten » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Paradox kindly moved the post here for me, Narym. :)
Member of Guild of Messengers - Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Marten

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 pm

I would have attended... Had I actually not known about this until *now*. Early announcement yields time to schedule around already scheduled crap so that I might avoid crap that I didn't want to do...

:P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Narym » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:47 am

lol.

No worries, Adam. We MAY have a follow up meeting at some stage, simply for inter-guild communication. And we'll be SURE to let everyone know of it at least a few days in advance :P

BTW, log is here
Narym

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:56 am

Awesome. Hope my post above didn't bite too much ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Aloys » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:32 am

I would have loved to come but it overlapped with the Second Life tour I was already part of (which was great BTW).
Aloys

Postby Marten » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm

I was aware of the Second Life tour, but I didn't know how long it was scheduled for, and thought we would be late enough in the day not to conflict.

The sudden announcement came out of a discussion that "Hey, we need another meeting" and Shimmer saying, "Oh, I had one penciled in for this Saturday" and the rest of us going, "ORLY?" since none of the rest of us knew. Whoops!

But these things happen.

Paradox has expressed that he is OK with me taking on the responsibility of being the Guild of Messengers liaison to the Guild of Writers. The GoMe guild members present also did not object. So, fling your suggestions and concerns about the GoMe at me, and it's my responsibility for now to try to do something positive with it.

For starters, I will take to heart the feedback that we should post announcements of our meetings with more forewarning. :D My apologies, and we will do better.
Marten

Postby Marten » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:46 pm

The next Guild of Messengers meeting is slated for 18:00 EDT, 15:00 PDT, 22:00 GMT/UTC time on Saturday, April 5 for anyone who would like to attend. It should be in the Relayers' Bevin, which should be made public on the Nexus list.
Marten

Re: Monthly Guild of Messengers Meetings

Postby Marten » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:36 am

I have been remiss in not keeping everyone in the Guild of Writers updated on Guild of Messengers' meetings.

April - A record of the April GoMe meeting can be found here: http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/for ... 1114#p1114

May - We had no May meeting.

June - There is no record of the June meeting; due to scheduling conflicts, there wasn't really a meeting.

July - A record of the July GoMe meeting can be found here:
http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/for ... 2484#p2484

August - The August GoMe meeting will be held in IRC on chat.mystlore.com ( irc://chat.mystlore.com:6667 ) in room #GoMe, at Noon Pacific Daylight Time, Saturday August 9. (Click here to see this time translated to other time zones.) The meeting can be accessed by those without an IRC client by browsing to the IRC page at Rel.to and selecting #GoMe, which will land you at: http://rel.to/IRC/gomechat.php

Guild of Messengers meetings are open to the community for participation. Our August meeting will include discussion of formalizing the "Guild of Messengers Liaisons," which is simply our way of designating "preferred" contact persons to work with each of the major groups in an attempt to provide better service.
Marten

Next

Return to Guild News