Journal Permissions Overhauled

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Journal Permissions Overhauled

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey all!

I'm writing all of you to let you Journal owners know that the permissions system on them has been completely overhauled so that no one can accidentally delete the entire forum of the web :P. However, due to the sheer volume of work that was done, I need for each and every one of you to check behind me and make sure I organized the permissions correctly. So here's what you should have:
  • Each journal will have a usergroup. Anyone in that usergroup has limited moderating potential (more below)
  • Journal Owners can add more "moderators" to their journal.
  • Journal Owners/Moderators can post new topics, make stickies, make announcements, and split threads.
  • You CANNOT edit, delete, nor move posts (nor entire topics). PM a "real moderator" if that is necessary.

And here's what I need for you guys to make sure of:
  • You can "moderate" (see above) your own journal.
  • You CANNOT "moderate" anyone else's journal (the journals directly above and below yours might have gotten caught in while I was updating the perms. I was working at 3AM on this...).

If you find a problem, PM me.

One final note, journals that have not been used in a year or more have been marked "Inactive" and are locked. If you need for your journal to be unlocked, please PM me (as I have yet to give the specs for the new perm setup to anyone else).

EDIT: I am aware (As Robert pointed out to me) that journal moderators can lock and unlock and otherwise manipulate Global Announcements. I am looking for a way to prohibit this, but, for now, I guess I can trust all of you not to lock the global announcements :P
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Journal Permissions Overhauled

Postby mar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Hello Hoikas,

Will you activate mine developers account again. I saw it is inactivated. I want to post some pictures of my shell 224.

Thanks, :P

Mar
mar

Return to Guild News