New plugin release

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: New plugin release

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 am

Ah, perfecto! !chehv shehm :)
Jennifer_P

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 am

Okay, I'm trying this out, and when I go to export the Age, I get a error that says this:

[Visual Object andy_journal]
=> Clickable object (uses 'andyoffice2.py') <=
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 176, in open_file
File "<string>", line 88, in export_age
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundations\Blender\.blender\scrips\alcresmanager.py", line 817, in export_all

AttributeError: plLogicModifier instance has no attribute 'DWords'

Okay, last night, my Age exported just fine, and the journal was working great! (I don't have any images in it yet, just text.).

Then I downloaded this latest PrPRP and now I get this error. Any suggestions?

Edit: okay, decided to just make the Journal a non-clickable object, just so I can get the Age exported for now and have a look (means I still have that error above, just bypassing it right now).

Okay, now something NEW.
First I noticed that with the new PyPRP, I have to totally shut down Blender and open it back up, reload my Age to export it. If there was an error, even if I remove the offending object completely, when I go to export it, I get the SAME ERROR, even though the object is TOTALLY gone from my Age.
Next, everything exported fine last night. Now with the new PyPRP, I'm getting an error saying: "AttributeError: hsGMaterial instance has no attribute 'get BlendFlags'

Okay, now guess what? It's giving me that error, on an object that no longer exsists in the AGe!!!!

Whut up???

Last EDIT:
Okay, decided to roll back the plug in, back to whatever the version before 11/5/07 is, and everything went back to working fine....., Age exported just fine, and of course the journal works great. So......... ?
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Trylon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

Hm, sometimes ghost objects creep into blender, it can help to save and reload your age a couple of times to get rid of these ghost objects.

Another possibility is that it's simply a bug.
I can't find anything relating to your error in the version I currently have, but then again, my version is probably a little different from yours.

The error seems to be a sentence I forgot to update after the last rework of the logic classes. I'll try to find some things.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby andylegate » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks Trylon, I'll wait. In the mean time I'll finish this up with the version of the plugin I have now. I'm really curious though to see it exported with your new version, hoping the lighting looks better. :D
andylegate

Postby Paradox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:25 pm

If you find random ghost objects appearing when you export, check that you only have 1 scene in Blender.

The plugin takes all objects, regardless of scene and exports them.
Paradox

Postby andylegate » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:18 am

Yah, after I rolled the plugin back, when I loaded up my Age in Uru, there were 2 books there! The new one I recreated, and a strange looking black one.

Once I went back, resaved, re-exported the Age, it disappeared. Stange.

Okay, I think I might know why I was getting some of the Errors Trylon. Here's a bit of speculation:

With the old plug in, when I'd export the Age, I would get a warning several times during the export that some of my objects did not have materials and that Auto Material was being generated. Hey, it's my first Age, I just UV Mapped several things without actually giving them a material.

I think that is when the new plugin was having a heartache about, with that attribute error about materials.

What I'm going to do (since no one else has posted that they too were having a problem like this) is reinstall the new plugin, now that I'm done with my first Age, and start with a second new Age. I'm teaching myself in steps: first just a small room (that's done now), next is a small outside area (that's next), then onward to more complex ages (I'm a firm believer in, start small and simple). This time I'll make sure that I give my objects material first before I export anything.
andylegate

Previous

Return to Guild News