GoW PyPRP 1.4.0 RC1

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: GoW PyPRP 1.4.0 RC1

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri May 30, 2008 5:32 am

Better yet: can you make a "1.4.X-stable" branch that the rest of us can use while the trunk goes through the overhaul? If the branch is placed in the contrib directory, we all can submit bugfixes to it.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'Lanor » Fri May 30, 2008 5:46 am

I could be wrong but isn't the overhaul nearly done? I think everybody is going to jump on the new animation features soon. So my concern was that 1.4.0 would remain in a perpetual RC state.

Speaking of animations, are the new PyPRP animation features compatible with Blender 2.46? From what I read the major changes in Blender 2.46 affect its animation system.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nadnerb » Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 am

All of the new features since 1.4 were developed and tested on Blender 2.46, so I guess the question is, are they compatible with Blender 2.45?

1.4.0 was made an RC release to allow for bugfixes that never seemed to be required, so you can consider it the release. (though there is one change in the 1.4 tag, only one person seems to have the ability to host the file)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 30, 2008 11:30 am

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:Better yet: can you make a "1.4.X-stable" branch that the rest of us can use while the trunk goes through the overhaul? If the branch is placed in the contrib directory, we all can submit bugfixes to it.

Dripping Sarcasm:
Better yet, look in the zOMG TAGS directory! And place your bugfixes in contrib clearly marked as such!!!!! It's a NOVEL concept.
End Dripping Sarcasm

D'Lanor wrote:I could be wrong but isn't the overhaul nearly done?

We're trying to get in all of our "age breaking" changes in the PyPRP release so that we'll only get torched/impaled once rather than have the angry mobs come out at every new minor release...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Trylon » Fri May 30, 2008 1:09 pm

*Sings*

We are the angry mob,
we read the papers every day.
We like who we like,
we hate who we hate,
but we're also easily swayed

*Repeats chorus several times*

:D :D :D

Lyrics by Kaiser Chiefs - Angry Mob
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Chacal » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

You're in luck: torches are boycotted because of Tibet, so I guess you'll only get impaled.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Trylon » Sat May 31, 2008 12:18 am

On a side note: I found a bug in pyprp 1.4.0 RC1 when trying to export to a single prp with per-page textures.
I'm going to try to fix it....

EDIT:
Ok, Turns out I should have used the [AGENAME]_District_[PAGENAME].prp format for the filename.....
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:43 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Better yet, look in the zOMG TAGS directory! And place your bugfixes in contrib clearly marked as such!!!!!

Why would you merge changes to a "tag"? :?

I have no problem placing bug fixes in the contrib directory - but only if there's a branch (not a tag) to where they can be merged.

Note: yes, I know tags are really the same as branches in SVN. But considering that the footprint of a branch/tag is minimal in SVN, why not just create a branch?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Whilyam » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:26 am

One question: What about the newest version of Blender? Does it work with 1.4?
Whilyam

Postby Nadnerb » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 am

Ok, I really have no problem answering questions, but this is starting to become rather tiresome. Please read previous answers, make an educated guess, and maybe even try it for yourself before asking this question again.
Nadnerb wrote:The plugin appears to work perfectly with blender 245.17 (246 RC3)

Nadnerb wrote:I, for one, have been using the Blender 2.46 RC3, and now 2.46 since they came out. PyPRP runs with no problems and/or no noticeable differences.

Nadnerb wrote:All of the new features since 1.4 were developed and tested on Blender 2.46, so I guess the question is, are they compatible with Blender 2.45?

I notice I seem to be the only person to answer this question. Maybe because I'm the only one who had any patience for it. I'm running out.
If something breaks, it will be because we broke it, and if a new version of Blender breaks something, we'll probably be the first to notice. (and tell you)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News