GoW PyPRP 1.5.0

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: GoW PyPRP 1.5.0

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Oh dear God. Someone call the asylum and take Hoikas away.

Anyone want to be the Project QA Manager? >.>
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:15 pm

:shock:

Hmm, i'm surprised Nadnerb hadn't found this issue (he's the real age-writers at pyprp). Not sure what's wrong. :?

BobLishman, thanks for the waveset complement, I tweaked the waveset settings a bit (and of course now the wavesets have a wind empty thing--optional).
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby ardent red » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:24 pm

(and of course now the wavesets have a wind empty thing--optional).

Ah, is this what you were talking about here? If so, how do I use it? (oh, and well done devs, I cannot wait to use some animations in my age!)
ardent red

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:35 pm

I would have hoped that one of the devs that had posted so far had remembered that we changed the behavior of the "Zoffset" control. It now affects the ZInc flags in the layers. Instead of Zoffset, you should now use the "PassIndex" control in the objects panel.
passindex.png
passindex.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Last edited by Nadnerb on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Well, it's a little different from what I coded in (better IMO). Nadnerb coded the final feature in so, you could ask him about it (if he hasn't updated the wiki).

I'd be more helpful but I don't have access to all my age writing stuff right now and I don't remember how to set up the winds (Nadnerb told me how to do it when I put it in my test age). Let me go read the code in the SVN and I'll be back to you on the topic (sorry mods... I'll try to make this hijacking brief :roll: ).
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:42 pm

Adding wind:

Create an empty object and name it whatever you want. Remember the name. Now, rotate it, keeping the Z axis pointing up (as it should have been when you created it) so that the Y axis points in the direction you want the wind to be blowing.

Next, add a script to reference that object, and supply a windspeed. (0.1 is a good starting value):
Code: Select all
<object>:
    visual:
        waveset:
            winddir: <name of empty object>
            windspeed: 0.1
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Ok, the var 'winddir' in the waveset alc-script is the name of your empty object (rotate it so the Y leg of the empty is pointing in the direction you want the wind going in). Then the var 'windspeed' controls the speed the wind goes at (try 0.1--Nad's suggestion).

EDIT: lol, he was writing his post while I was writing mine, I'll leave this one jut in case someone find my post more clear than Nad's (doubt it :P ). Well, oh well. ;)
Lontahv

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:47 pm

I can't say this makes me happy. Now what did I say about backwards compatibility? And then I am not even in the middle of a RAD contest. :lol:
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Backwards compatibility should not stand in the way of accurately mapping as many features as possible to blender. If it does, the correct way wins. Otherwise, if we try to keep everything backwardly consistent, the plugin will be a tangled mess of junk and legacy code when it's done.
Nadnerb

Postby Lontahv » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:56 pm

D'Lanor, some change is needed to make a better plugin. If we hadn't made huge changes from the alcugs-plugin we would most likely wouldn't of gotten anywhere.

This change was made to make more things possible. There are only a limited number of buttons in blender (it's a sin to use alc-script for materials ;) ) so, we have to make the best of our buttons (and not have things like alpha-sliders mapped to color-hues--we have to make it as sane as we can).

Alpha is kind of a 'feature' and zbuff is really a 'feature' and things are bound to change over time. Hopefully this will be the last 'remapping' of that button. :)
Lontahv

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News