GoW PyPRP 1.5.0

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: GoW PyPRP 1.5.0

Postby boblishman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Nadnerb wrote: you should now use the "PassIndex" control in the objects panel.

I would ...if I could find it ... I don't have that panel ... :o ... how do I open it ?

EDIT: ok...found it ... :oops:
Last edited by boblishman on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:04 pm

This still doesn't fix my transparent object because it had neither ztransp nor zoffs set. So I am completely at loss now.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:29 pm

I switched the zoffs for the 2 objects that were using it (a sprite and a skydome) to passindex. No joy. The transparent object is still screwed up. And like I said, this object did not use zoffs.

So this must be something else.
D'Lanor

Postby Kato » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:38 pm

boblishman: You have Blender 2.46, right? This new version requires it. I, uh, guess we should've said that.

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Yes, he does. Hence his installation troubles with multiple script folders that he posted about elsewhere.

Edit: And I agree, it is probably a good idea to mention that this requires Blender 2.46. And perhaps you could also mention the things that are not backwards compatible? Apart from what has already been mentioned the change in waveset scripting comes to mind (adding "visual:").
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:54 pm

woah.....I was just about to sit down and do some tweaking on Zephyr Cove.....glad I came and read this.....

So what y'all are saying is that for all our transparent objects, we now have to go in and change via the other button?

Wheeeeee.....I got a LOT of palm fronds to go do...sigh......
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Paradox » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm

The current method works like this:

The ZOffset button in the material settings. If the value is greater than 0.0, the Z Increment flag is set on all of the attached plLayerInterfaces.

The PassIndex button in the Object Properties. This number moves objects into different spans by appending it onto the end of the span name. You can tell an object to go into Spans0 or into Spans1 by incrementing the button. Objects in Spans1 will be drawn in front of objects in Spans0, while still obeying the flag rules of the spans themselves (transparent objects (if properly handled), will still draw in front of everything solid).

The Transp button in the Object Properties. This sorts objects into BlendSpans and regular Spans. By default all objects with Alpha vertex paint are sorted into BlendSpans.

If you are working with many objects that require properly sorting, I highly suggest looking at the source code for libPlasma and understanding what each flag does. Make sure that all exported objects have the right span flags to ensure proper sorting.
Paradox

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks Paradox. That should give us an idea where to start. I still suspect there is a problem with alpha layers in stenciled objects though.
D'Lanor

Postby boblishman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 pm

OK... just to report back .... using the Pass Index I have managed to fix ALL my transparancy problems (even the creepy animated holograph) ... yes, that was a lot of objects to re-do (around 60 ish)... but hey, it's worth it for me to have IPO object animations ...

My thoughts and prayers are with Kierra ... I don't want to even thinks about what she'll have to do ... :shock:

Andy ...you can save lots of time by changing ONE palm leaf ... then deselect ....select all the others and then the changed one last ... then hit ctl +C ...and choose "Pass Index" ... saved me LOTS of time with all those silly bushes (and shadows) I have ...
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Kato » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Glad you got it sorted out.

How did you do that animated hologram, by the way?

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News