Guild of Writers Forum

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Guild of Writers Forum

Postby Guild of Writers » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:09 pm

!shorah

The website and forum are both running now, hopefully everyone finds them usable. Please let us know if you encounter and problems with the forum or the website and we will do our best to remedy them as soon as possible.

Just a word about the "Department" forums that you see listed below are not meant to further divide the community, we simply want to provide areas for people with common interests to gather and discuss in specific those interests. If you're a programmer with a good idea of how Plasma handles clickable items, why don't you share your information with other python developers?

Project specific forums will be implemented as they are required (basically, when someone with an idea tells us that they have a group interested in carrying out the idea).

The general discussion area that you see if currently intended for debate on the various aspects of the Guild of Writers, including administration, voting, a council, a Code of Conduct, and other guild decisions.

As a last note, please no spam. We don't like deleting posts, or editing; but if spam is reported, it will be removed. As well, use your better judgment when posting, don't post anything that could be considered hurtful to others. We will edit the post if necessary and contact the poster by PM if the event arises.

Otherwise, have fun, let's fill these forums up with some good discussion!
Guild of Writers
Site Admin

Re: Guild of Writers Forum

Postby The Noble Robot » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:26 pm

Nice site. I think it needs a little interface work, but it's a good start.

One request: Since this "GoW" is not "official," can you please post a statement to that effect, and disclose who built and runs this site?
The Noble Robot

Postby Nadnerb » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:52 pm

I doubt that is neccesary. They can be official until Cyan declares otherwise, since they like being so mute about it. As for who built and runs the site, I would imagine that whoever built it isn't actually going to be 'running' it, so much as making sure that it continues to exist. For all intents and purposes, this should be a neutral meeting ground for those interested in the topic.

I'll agree about the interface work though. ;)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Paradox » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:04 pm

Interface issues are known, and they are being fixed (albeit in batches, so expect sets of fixes rather than individual ones). If there's an issue that really bothers you or that makes things unreadable, please send me a PM and I will raise the priority of the fix. :)
Paradox

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey, I like this forum. Very nice look, whoever made it. And I like how the post-typing window is set up too; lots of room to type in and the full set of smileys on the side. :) Ooh, what's this file attachment tab do...?
Jennifer_P

Postby Pryftan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I like how this looks and feels.. very appropriate. One thing though.. there's a bunch of threads I want to start at the suggestion of people I talked to at the Pub meeting September 15th, one of them being the complete list of people I was compiling, but it looks like we don't have permission to open new threads in "General Discussion". Should that be the case?

Thanks.
.rilvoohee vehrehnehm vokan pam mahnshootahv rub voohee taygahnehm mahtahntahv
Pryftan

Postby Trylon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:15 pm

Nice site here indeed.
I hope this can give Writing some momentum again.

Currently working on impoving lighting support in the plugin, and writing a new age, so the whole initiative put me back to working too :)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Kierra » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:12 am

Chiming in with I like the look.

It reminds me of somewhere...hm...can't put my finger on it.... ;)
Kierra

Postby James L » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:49 am

Yes, this place is rather homely and all that. So, hello, what? *settles in*

Yes, good day, nice place, and whatnot, but how large would one of those groups have to be to possess their own place in the forums? Are they reserved for 'sanctioned' groups that are complete and somewhat sizable? And will we be allowed to recruit more in the department forums? I apologise if this is the wrong time and place for so many questions, but I am rather anxious to start something within this site. I have been working IC with a few others for a short while now. Well, hello to you all regardless! :)
James Leslie, Guild of Writers
And so, I close, realising that perhaps the ending has not yet been written.
- Atrus
James L

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:36 am

As far as forums in the "yet another forum" category go I have to admit that this one looks good. ;)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Next

Return to Guild News