New Homepage! IRC chat! Oh my!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: New Homepage! IRC chat! Oh my!

Postby Jahmen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:51 am

Not sure How I get Kato to set up a Jounal for Jahmen. Didn't see a way to Kato from the Journal Request thread. So I will take a chance and post the request here. Oh any word as to where we post our Stories for FCAL approval yet? Any decisions about what Guild memebers will make up the FCAL approval panel?
Jahmen

Postby Jahmen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 am

Jahmen would Like Kato to set up a Journal for him please.
Jahmen

Postby Kato » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 pm

All you had to do was PM me :)

Your journal's been made.

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby katreeny » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:14 am

So did my PM asking for a journal get lost? (I know it happens, especially when life gets busy - not complaining, just curious)

I sent it a while back.

Katreeny
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Postby Kato » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:30 am

I guess it did.

Yours has been made now too :) Sorry about that.

-Kato
Kato

Postby katreeny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Kato wrote:I guess it did.

Yours has been made now too :) Sorry about that.

-Kato

Thanks!

Katreeny
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Postby Dr Crisger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I support the work of the GOW with all my heart...but.........

I use IE 6.0 for a number of specific and technical reasons. I do NOT want IE 7.0 or any of the other optoins listed on the options page to access the new home page. I have very valid and real reasons for this based on my work and I will not be changing. So, is there a chance for a mirror? or a change in policy?

If not, i wont be there..and others may not as well. I hope we can keep access open to as many as possible.

I am very happy to see all the hard work going on, and the new work on the Cove is awesome.

thanks

The alert screen also captures your browser and you have to mash the return key to get away from its clutches. lol
Dr Crisger

Postby Kato » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:33 pm

What exactly is the problem, Dr Crisger? The forum should be accessible with IE6. Only the "site" isn't. At least, as far as I've known.

If the forum isn't, I will see about getting it fixed.

-Kato
Kato

Postby Grogyan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Can't you install say Mozilla Firefox alongside your current browser?

Reason I say that is that many websites are updating to use features not supported by older browsers.

I had to install Firefox to buy some stuff from the US, cause it was the only browser they supported in their shop, now I no longer use IE6 or IE7, except to install the occasional MS update, Firefox just works and is fast
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Paradox » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Tweek wrote:I could list all the reasons why it is a pain in the ass to work with, I could also list my displeasure with the IE development team for blaming the web developer community for having to resort to IE specific hacks to get layouts working, but I wont (I’ll settle for making a passing comment).

Internet Explorer 6 is about 7 years old now, and there are newer versions like Internet Explorer 7 and 8 (although I would recommend neither one), I think people should be thinking about updating at some point as the internet is not always going to support browsers that are pushing a decade in age (as indicated by more and more people dropping support for IE 6 and below).

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not telling you to change browsers. If you wish to carry on using Internet Explorer 6 and below you are free to do so, however you might find items on this site that do not look or work properly as I and others begin to drop support for IE 6 and below.

However, if you are interested in changing then you may want to take a look at a website called Browse Happy, it is a site dedicated to finding people a browser that best suits them, and explains why IE may not be the best browser, in term of security, for you.

This sums up the reasons why Internet Explorer 6 is not supported. Internet Explorer 7 has been released, Internet Explorer 8 is already in beta. Upgrades are released for a reason.
Paradox

Previous

Return to Guild News