GoW PyPRP 1.6.0 released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

GoW PyPRP 1.6.0 released

Postby Christian Walther » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:59 pm

The Ink Makers have been hard at work collecting, refining, and documenting one year of development work and today proudly bring you the GoW PyPRP Blender plugin version 1.6, hoping that it may be of use to the greater Writer community: gow-pyprp-1.6.0.zip

... and for those who are already rushing off to download it and would otherwise stop reading here ;): PyPRP 1.6 installs differently than previous versions of PyPRP. READ the installation instructions.

Read about what's new since PyPRP 1.5 (including adjustments you may need to make in Blender) and how to install on the GoW wiki. Highlights include:
  • Simplified installation - no more fiddling with a heap of loose files, just put the whole PyPRP folder into your scripts folder
  • The modified mesh is exported for objects that have modifiers
  • Texture scale can now be animated, and texture animation (or static offset/scale) matches the render preview in Blender
  • Added support for simple GUI dialogs
  • Many QuickScript additions
  • Many bug fixes

Have fun Writing, and let us know if you run into any bugs! :)
Christian Walther

Re: GoW PyPRP 1.6.0 released

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:44 pm

I just tried this out on the ERCAge. After noticing my animated textures were going in reverse, I read the notes about the compatibility check and the appropriate texture transform fix. After I applied it, the animations worked fine.

All in all, this is a very solid release - with terrific documentation. Congratulations, Christian! It must feel great to finally have this thing out there. And thanks to all the developers who contributed to this release.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Congratulations for finally getting a release out, that should hopefully set and end to every age writer using a different manually patched nightly version of the plugin... (except for plugin developers, of course)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Corvus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:00 am

A BIG THANK YOU to Christian and developpers for your great work!
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am

:oops: :D Thanks for the praise! No need to single me out, this is a work of many hands. Yes, I am glad we finally got here, it has taken us long enough!

The work isn't done yet - some things haven't made it into this release (better waveset defaults, fixing sphere bounds, installation instructions for Mac OS, GPNMilano's contributions, ...), and no doubt people will find more stuff that we have broken and need to fix, so hopefully the next release will come sooner.

My thanks too to everyone involved!
Christian Walther

Postby matthornb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 am

Very nice. Things like the simpler install and the improved documentation make the tools more user-friendly, and that's a good thing.

Not that making ages for Uru will ever be easy, of course, but the more accessible we can make it, the better. :D

I appreciate all the team's hard work. Hopefully we'll get more tools and software stuff from Cyan in the next few months and that'll help speed up fan development of age creation systems.

I'm excited about working with this improved toolset.
matthornb

Postby ametist » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Thank you all who have worked with this new version!! :) Very much appreciated!
ametist

Return to Guild News