3DS Max Plugins are available

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: 3DS Max Plugins are available

Postby Lehm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:42 pm

So it would appear from chogon's latest post that Cyan doesn't have the ability to recompile for max 2010. So does anyone from the community have the 2010 sdk so it can be recompiled once the source is released?
Lehm

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Lehm wrote:So it would appear from chogon's latest post that Cyan doesn't have the ability to recompile for max 2010. So does anyone from the community have the 2010 sdk so it can be recompiled once the source is released?

I have 3dsm 2009 and Visual Studio 2008. Most of the developers here have VS2008... I'm pretty sure they have access to 3dsm 2009 or 2010 also. This is why more effort should be put into open source >.>
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby J'Kla » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 am

Ok I've been working through Dustin's Quick Tutorial.

I have made my cube. I have managed to Play with the component manager to the extent of renaming and have attached the new name to the selected object.

Now I must have done something right because the age drop down box has a choice of the two age files I have created.

But the Page drop down box is still empty.

And the Age Description Manager has the current functionality of a Chocolate Fire Escape.

I did look at the materials options and have found a Plasma Export option under File but making that call just gets me an error message stating. No Label for Age Chapter or Page.

Am I (A) Doing something radically wrong,
(B) Missing something obvious,
(C) Misjudging the relativity of the Quick in the page title.
(D) All of the above. ;)
Last edited by J'Kla on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J'Kla

Postby ddb174 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 am

The AgeDescriptionManager connected to an in-house Cyan server, but we don't need it. So just never click it or 3dsmax will crash. That error you're getting is because the Page is not set. Does your .age file have a line that looks like "Page=mainpage,0" ? Could you post your .age file here?
ddb174

Postby D'eux » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:19 pm

In your .age file(s), do you have a leading space before the line:

(leading space here)Page=mainroom,0

That would cause the problem you're seeing. Delete it from all lines if they're there.

-: D'eux :-
D'eux

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:06 am

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:
Tsar Hoikas wrote:Removed "Where do I get 3dsm"... We do not support piracy

Understood. But since it is possible to get a legitimate (albeit temporary) copy from the book, "3ds max 7 Bible", I restored that question with a huge caveat citing GoW's anti-piracy position. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

Unfortunately the 3ds max 7 bible does not appear to contain the demo... See this post. And I was just about to order it. :(
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Yeah, I updated the Wiki.

I was *this* close to ordering it, then I saw Metabasalt's post.

<sigh>
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby ddb174 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 pm

More tutorial goodness here: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/Dustin%27s_3dsmax_Cookbook

Also, Drizzle24 is ready to go, I believe, and just needs testing and translation. That will make the process easier.
ddb174

Postby Agenotfound » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Hmm something very weird and I'd like to know if this happens to anyone else:

if you create your age file with a text note that you rename with .age the plugin understand the file but the when linking to the exported age you arrive in complete darkness ( and I mean complete you can't see the KI, What you type or the menus but you see the cursor and clickable regions like the Relto book)

If you use an already exiting .age file (from CC) that you rename and change, the plugin see the file and the pages but when exporting an error occur saying it can't find the page you chose. This could be explained by the fact that the file is encrypted with the WhatDoYouSee encryption.

So until now I had to export with the .age file from the Text note and play with the .age file modified from CC. Did this happened to anyone else and where you able to find a way to use a single .age file ?

PS: Oh, and the responder are a dream to work with ! :D
Agenotfound

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:46 pm

I can confirm the problem with the .age having to be plaintext. It can read the whatdoyousee encrypted version at first, but during export dies sometimes.

The complete darkness is likely the absence of any SpawnPoint. I put on my Cookbook tutorial how to make one, so try that out. (Drizzle24 warns if you don't have a spawnpoint during conversion.)
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News