3DS Max Plugins are available

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: 3DS Max Plugins are available

Postby Agenotfound » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 pm

I had a spawnpoint in each test I made so that is not the source of the problem.
Agenotfound

Postby diafero » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Did you say you put the unencrypted age file into the Uru dat folder? I doubt Uru can read that, so you will end up with no page being loaded... which also means that there is no spawn point ;-)
Basically you need the same age file twice, unencrypted for the plugin and encrypted (or obfuscated ;-) ) for Uru.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Aloys » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Plaintext uncencrypted .age files actually works fine with Uru. (.age as well as .fni and all whatdoyousee files for that matter). And that's pretty useful. :)
Aloys

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm

I've found a few other serious bugs with Cyan's plugin: 1) If you create light maps, then remove them, it tries to keep them in the textures prp(it just updates it to save time), but the prp can become corrupted 2) Creating a second page makes it revert to using a SequencePrefix of 100 on that page. (This seems to be what GPNMilano experienced before.) Drizzle24 now automatically corrects this second bug. The first bug should be pretty rare, and can be corrected by simply deleting the prps, so that Plasma regenerates them from scratch.
ddb174

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh yes, and I should mention that I've added a Recipe for swimming regions to my Cookbook! (Though Drizzle23 won't correctly convert the swim regions, so you'll have to wait for Drizzle24 to make use of them.)
ddb174

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

That first bug should be fixable by running one of the cleanup things included with Cyan plugin. I know the component manager has a "Clear unused" feature, and I believe on the Plasma menu there is something to clean up extraneous references.
Paradox

Postby ddb174 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 pm

I've updated the cookbook to show the method Wodan has discovered for getting footstep sounds working!

(I've also updated the tutorial to include using the conversion method from Drizzle24.)
ddb174

Postby rustee » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Regarding the footsteps technique.

you can choose every sound in "Group" but the only sound what you can hear at the moment is "Dirt no matter what sound you choose.

Not true. You can choose any sound and it will be audible. The problem is to make different regions sound different. To make it work you need to add another action to the responder state, triggering the other detector (I consider the case of two detectors). So you have RegionSensor1 and RegionSensor2, and corresponding responders Responder1 and Responder2. Add EnableDetector action to the current (1 by default) state of each responder, in parameters select the opposite detector, ie RegionSensor2 for Responder1 and RegionSensor1 for Responder2, and that's it. Ah, and another thing - check the "Trigger on exiting volume" box for each of the detectors. You may also want to make the detector geometry high enough so jumping won't trigger it.
rustee

Previous

Return to Guild News