3DS Max Plugins are available

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: 3DS Max Plugins are available

Postby Aloys » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Gui > GUI Dialog
Warning:
It is for use by programmers ONLY. Misues of this component will result in immediate death through Smeggying

:lol:
Aloys

Postby Metabasalt1 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Aloys:
I know the software on the cd is only a 30 day trial, which is what I want to do anyway. I may stick with blender. Does anyone know if you can even buy version 7 from autodesk? If yes, I would try to get educational pricing.
Meta
Metabasalt1

Postby Paradox » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Christian Walther wrote:
Robert The Rebuilder wrote:I started a new article on the GoW Wiki.

It would be nice if those working on documenting the Max plugin on the GoW wiki and those working on documenting it on the OpenURU.org wiki could work on some coordination, otherwise we end up with duplication of work at best and a big mess at worst.

(Cross-posted on OpenUru.org)

GoW wiki seems best, if only because it can be read without needing to log in ;)
Paradox

Postby JWPlatt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:34 pm

I'll fix the login requirement to read to wiki at OpenURU.org. It wasn't my intent to make it login-only, but it snuck back in somehow.

I would expect some sharing of anything we do at OpenURU.org, specifically to alleviate duplication of effort.

Also, there's a great big world of open source out there. Anyone expecting the rest of the world to say "Ok, looks like that 'Guild of Writers' and 'OpenURU.org' thing-a-ma-bob have it all locked down so we might as well leave them to it" is thinking way, way too locally. I wouldn't expect anyone to wait on anyone else. I would expect diversity, competition and challenge. And things being open, everyone is welcome to all of it.. Cooperation is nicer though.
OpenUru.org: An Uru project resource site.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Postby Dark Griffin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 am

Immediate crashout with plugin in 3dsMax9. Unsupported features bla bla bla.

Anyone know of a good place to get 7, with a licence to actually run it? Legally, that is. Autodesk won't sell the older versions of 3dStudio, they want me to buy 10 instead.

Alternatively, if we get the source for the plugin, is anyone here capable of rewriting it to work with 3ds max 9, 8, ect.?
Dark Griffin

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:35 am

Your likely not going to find Max 7 anywhere. I looked at both Amazon and Ebay and neither had it. Autodesk nolonger has a copy of it available from their site.

The only copy available are the illegal ones.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby ddb174 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm

I remember hearing some time ago that Autodesk was telling eBay to take down auctions for used Autodesk products. It may not be legal of Autodesk, but they are a bit of a scummy company. (Not unlike my experience with SimplyAccounting^^)
ddb174

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Dark Griffin wrote:Immediate crashout with plugin in 3dsMax9. Unsupported features bla bla bla.

I added that to the wiki. Did you try adding the DLLs and the other known work-arounds?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby I.Brattin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm

i tried if with my Max 2009, whatever version that is. And copying DLL's don't stop the error.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby JWPlatt » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:07 pm

JWPlatt wrote:I'll fix the login requirement to read the wiki at OpenURU.org. It wasn't my intent to make it login-only, but it snuck back in somehow.

Corrected to public read.
OpenUru.org: An Uru project resource site.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News