3DS Max Plugins are available

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: 3DS Max Plugins are available

Postby Lontahv » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 pm

About the OpenUru vs GoW indecision, here's how I see it.

Open Uru: The wiki doesn't really have much of anything on it and it seems many people see it as "one too many Uru sites to keep track of". It does have some people who I believe aren't on the GoW and it's focus seems a bit different: talk about OpenUru, rather than age creation.

GoW: It already has a large following of people who are building ages/writing documentation, etc. And it is an official organization by Cyan's standards.

Where the documentation end up all depends on who's making the documentation. If a member of the GoW makes a wiki page here about Cyan's plugin are they going to be forced to go make an account on OpenUru and duplicate the information? Since the GoW has never, and I don't think will ever hide information that it discovers on how to use tools for age-creation; I think it's the responsibility of the person using the plugin to come to the GoW for tutorials contributed to the GoW by its members.
Last edited by Lontahv on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made the message a bit more clear
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Agenotfound wrote:and as the page is not properly set this is the message we get ( so no export for now :( )

Unless of course you're - Smart. Hot. And a girl named Chloe. Which are the three necessary components to figure out how to export without the Age Description Manager.

:D

Converting the exported files with Drizzle however...took me a day to figure out why everything was black...no...vertex...painting = lonely black terrain.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

You managed to get physicals exporting too?
Paradox

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Paradox wrote:You managed to get physicals exporting too?

Colliders? Yes. Click regions. No. Can't seem to wrap my head around how the clickables are supposed to work yet.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured out how clickables work. Now it's just a matter of getting the pythonfilemod's to work.
Last edited by GPNMilano on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPNMilano

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:31 pm

hmm, I got a plConvert error everytime I tried to export a mesh with any Terrain physics applied to it :\
Paradox

Postby mookow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Paradox wrote:hmm, I got a plConvert error everytime I tried to export a mesh with any Terrain physics applied to it :\

Make sure you have PhysX installed.
mookow

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:59 pm

mookow wrote:
Paradox wrote:hmm, I got a plConvert error everytime I tried to export a mesh with any Terrain physics applied to it :\

Make sure you have PhysX installed.

Oh! That seems so obvious, but I completely forgot I have Max installed in its own wineprefix >.<

Good to see you around moo! :P
Paradox

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 pm

K...so who wants to be the first brave soul that "unleashes satan"...heh
GPNMilano

Postby Dark Griffin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:19 pm

diafero wrote:
Dark Griffin wrote:Immediate crashout with plugin in 3dsMax9. Unsupported features bla bla bla.

I added that to the wiki. Did you try adding the DLLs and the other known work-arounds?

What are the known workarounds? I've never used a plugin before, so I figured that it was as simple as installing the files into the plugin directory. As for DLLs, the plugins themselves don't come with any, so I don't know what you're talking about. (I'm not familar with the technical side of 3d studio, I just use it as my artist tool) :?

Looks like I'll have to "obtain" 3ds 7 then...since autodesk is being a pill about older versions of their software. If anyone knows a safe link for it, PM me(so it's not posted on the forum and out of GoW's and the Admin's responsiblity).

Really, I think autodesk should hand out the older versions to people that legally own the later versions, but... :roll: whatever.

Do ages exported with the plugin work in the old Uru cd(the old Uru singleplayer, not the CC or POTS version)? Or are we stuck as far as testing stuff till Cyan works out the next step?
Dark Griffin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 pm

@Dark Griffin: Considering the MOUL version of the engine is different to the old ABM engine, the answer is a resounding "no, it does not work with the old singleplayer cd" it also does not work with CC/PotS, if its exporting MOUL-era-type ages. Basically.. uh... yeah. I don't believe we can test, right now, no.
kaelisebonrai

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News