3DS Max Plugins are available

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: 3DS Max Plugins are available

Postby Zrax » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 pm

GPNMilano wrote:K...so who wants to be the first brave soul that "unleashes satan"...heh

I actually already tried it... Sadly, it doesn't export anything special (at least not that I can find)... It's probably just an inside joke or something ;)
Zrax

Postby diafero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 am

So, Chloe, any chance you share that secret hot knowledge with us? Oh, and of course we all want screenshots :D

@Dark Griffin: Check this wiki page: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/MOULa_3DSMax_Plugin

@Paradox: So 3ds Max works reasonably well in wine? Maybe I should try getting it then ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Removed "Where do I get 3dsm"... We do not support piracy

Understood. But since it is possible to get a legitimate (albeit temporary) copy from the book, "3ds max 7 Bible", I restored that question with a huge caveat citing GoW's anti-piracy position. Hopefully that will be sufficient.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 am

Perhaps someone should outline the steps on exporting an Age taking into consideration the problem with the Age Description Manager? (The wiki page has great info on getting the plugin working.)
ddb174

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Do you mean this problem?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Aloys » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Has anyone been able to properly export an Age yet?
I go through File>Plasma Export, I leave the default options, and I keep getting this error:
"No location component found. Please create one and convert again"

But I have everywhere in the Component Manager, and there is no 'location' component..
I thought this might have to do with the lack of .age file.. but without the Age Description manager I don't how/where to indicate the Age's name for the PRPs to be exported..
I have created a proper .age file with the same name as my .max file but that doesn't fix it.
(note: just to be safe my .max file is saved in my /dat directory which is also my export directory)

[edit]

Found. You need to add a page info Component to every objects in the scene which needs to point to one of the page of the Age.
Then the Age exports fine and AloysAgeTest001.prp is born. :D
Somehow 'mat_AloysAgeTest001.log' is born too.. Not sure what that log file is about but it ends with "Thank you, and have a lovely day." so i guess it can't be evil. (right?)
[edit 2] Paradox beat me to it. :p
Last edited by Aloys on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:28 pm

In the Component Manager, add a Misc -> Page Info object.
Every object in your scene must have this component applied to it.
Paradox

Postby Agenotfound » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm

From Chogon: Jalak .age file

StartDateTime=0946713600
DayLength=24.000000
MaxCapacity=10
LingerTime=180
SequencePrefix=43
ReleaseVersion=0
Page=jlakArena,2
Page=jlakProto,1,1

A new page ?
Agenotfound

Postby Aloys » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 pm

I would like to add those 'basic Age' steps in the wiki, but I'm hesitant regarding the Prefix registration.. I see D'lanor has posted the Alcugs list link on the MOUL forum, but have we solved the Alcugs vs ULM list debate?
Aloys

Postby ddb174 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:57 pm

There isn't really a debate; a person can use whatever method they prefer. I recommend using the alcugs wiki itself, as it is the original way, and also the only (nearly) complete list. If a person doesn't want to do that, I recommend them posting on the forum (either here or at Alcugs is fine) with the agename and prefix they want.

I've created the Page Info component and added it to the cube in my Age, and created the .age file as Chogon said, but it still says "No Label for the Age, Chapter, or Page, on the Location component found on Box01"
ddb174

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News