Guild Interest Weekends

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Guild Interest Weekends

Postby Jadawin12 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Maybe on Saturday... quite unlikely for Sunday... I'll try not to be grumpy fighting some kind of bug
Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom
KI: 01632887
Jadawin12

Postby Aloys » Sun May 02, 2010 4:42 pm

I wanted to come this afternoon, but RL decided otherwise.. :oops:
Did it went well?
Aloys

Postby Leonardo » Sat May 08, 2010 5:08 am

Sorry for the late update.
The Weekend went quite well. As far as I know there wasn't much flow of people in Kirel, at least in the European Timezone. Probably there was a bigger flow of people in USA's evening.
The All Guilds Meeting has been very good an gave us the opportunity to know what we are all doing. Some collaborations may even start from that.
Here is the summary

And here is the chat log
KI: 40217 | GoMe KI: 2513342
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

Postby Leonardo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:35 am

Shorah Writers!!

We are again on the first week of the month and this means that it's time for a Guild Interest Weekend at Kirel with all the Guilds and Group! :)
There will also be an All Guilds Meeting on Saturday at 13.00 KITime.

See you there!! :D
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

Postby Aloys » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:00 pm

1pm Ki Time? Assuming that's around GMT-6 that'll be the evening for me, I won't be able to attend unfortunately.
Aloys

Postby Leonardo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:40 am

Here we are again! :D
The Guilds and Groups Fair in Kirel and the All Guilds Meeting will be on this weekend!
Link for more informations
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:30 am

I thought the Guild Interest Weekends were usually on the second weekend of the month when the first weekend falls on a holiday. Tomorrow is a national holiday in the U.S..
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby Leonardo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 am

Yes that's true, but just for International Holidays.
However I must say that this is the most populated Guild Interest Weekend we have ever had!!
We were more than 30 there, with OHBot too :D
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

Postby Leonardo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:57 pm

The All Guilds Meeting was a success (as well as the Fair was since about 7am, there ware so many people, and OHBot too)

Here you can download the whole chatlog

We had many groups that wanted to talk, and it lasted almost one hour more than I expected.

Here is a summary:

Guild of Writers: Kaelis has been working on the look of the original Seret to submit his research to RAWA who was interested in that. Probably we will have the real Seret in MOULa.
There has been work on the OfflineKI and on Drizzle and they are still working on the PYPRP2, the new version of the plugin we use for creating ages for Uru with Blender.
Whilyam and some other writers are currently working on creating D'ni Locations for the D'ni Location Contest, which is still going on and will last until the end of August.

Guild of Doorcallers: The Guild of Doorcallers presented itself to the other guilds. This Guild is made specificallt for helping people who need to open the Dein/Tsogahl Doors or for those who enjoy doing those Runs. It does Runs at 11am KITime on Saturdays and Sundays, meeting point is the Tokotah Alley

Guild of Maintainers: The Guild is still quiet althought there are Maintainers Testing some ages. The Writers wanted to point out that the Maintainers should always keep an eye on the GoW Forums because there are WIP ages posted there for Beta Testing which are not posted in the UAM. Also there have been discussions on why there is a Private "Storyline Discussions" subforum on the GoMa Forum; Writers think this is a duplication of efforts (they too have this kind of sub forum) and dissemination of informations and ideas. Maybe GoMa and GoW can coorperate to work together.

Voltigeurs: The Voltigeurs presented themselves to the Guilds. They are a new group and they are the French version of the Skydivers. They create very difficult Marker Quests and they explore places people never think they can reach. Their missions can be requested to Annabell or to any other english-speaking member. You can easily recognize them because their names start with V@

OHB (OHBot, URU BabelBot, KIDirectory and The Guild of Greeters): The developing team for OHBot has grown, now there are also AgeExplorer, who is developing even more OHBot's program with all the suggestions posted on it's forum (it is a subforum at openuru.org), and KaelisEbonrai (hey you have you mind in so many things Kaelis XD) who is an Admin for OHBot and has the power of making him behave. There were a lot of bug fixes (about 17000 OHB said) to OHBot's program, for example he can sing once again.
Uru BabelBot is a new program which sits on the Uru client and replaces your KI so that you can communicate in 14 languages automatically, it translates you in other languages and translates others in your language. There are still some bugs in it, such as even if it supports Italian language and is translated in italian, it won't work for anyone who has an Italian copy of Windows, OHB doesn't know why and will investigae further on this bug. It also has other features such as text-to.speech and OHB have plans for more!
The KIDirectory is the result of merging OHBot's KIDirectory and the KI List maintained by Dekar on the MOUL Forums. Now it is all managed by OHB's softwares which automatically update the post on the MOUL Forums with the informations submitted to OHBot or to the KIDirectory itself.
OHB reported that there was a discussion and even a vote in the Guild of Greeters for deciding if they should allow new memebers in the Guild. The response was positive, new members will be accepted in the Guild of Greeters. There is still no process defined but we are happy that the GoG is alive as always with burocracy

Guild of Peasants: The Guild of Peasant did their presentation to the Guilds. They explained their purpose of Improving the Cavern dwellers, with a philosophical way of thought (called the Life Level System) for avoiding falling in the same errors that led the D'ni to the Fall. They usually meet every Saturday at 15:00 KI time in the Guild of Peasants' Bevin.

Guilds of Messengers: The Messengers are mainly working on bringing back the Newspaper. They have started putting together some ideas for the first issue and they are still looking for more staff members for the Newspaper. They wanted to set some expectetions: it will be more a magazine than a Newspaper this time, with more indepth articles, and interviews etc. then daily news. There will be new Sections like an International Section for the News coming from the non-english communities.
The Cavern Criers are still working in the cavern distributing their materials althought they are really a little number of people.
The rel.to directory (which is a directory which stores an organized list of Myst-related websites) is still maintained by Marten and is looking for a programmer to expand its features. For more informations on the requirements for being the rel.to programmer, or if you want to submit an addition to the rel.to database visit: http://rel.to/suggestions
There was a suggestion from EmorD'niLap to cooperate in some way with TCT for the Newspaper production.
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

Postby Leonardo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Shorah Writers!
This month due to the Fair being on the same Weekend of Mysterium we decided to postpone it on the next weekend: August 14th-15th
This means that also the All Guilds Meeting will be on Saturday August 14th.

For more infos about the Guild Fairs and the All Guilds Meeting visit: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/conten ... -postponed

:D
Leonardo
Keeper of the Queue

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News