Site Upgrades

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Site Upgrades

Postby jamie_marchant » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 am

Try "Control +" and "Control -", this feature is common to most browsers.
jamie_marchant

Postby Lyrositor » Thu May 03, 2012 9:57 am

johnsojc wrote: Didn't there used to be a control on the page to let you enlarge or shrink the font?

There was, but it was removed because:
1. We didn't think it was used often.
2. It required a lot of relative size tweaking, and we wanted to get the theme out pretty fast.
Since a few people seem to use it after all, I'll consider bringing it back (or maybe some other Writer will). However, I'm quite busy with reorganizing the wiki right now, so I can't really keep tweaking the theme for now (I AM the Director of Wiki Operations after all ;) ).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby dtierce » Thu May 03, 2012 9:30 pm

I think the new style and layout of this forum is fabulous.

However, I find it hard to read grey text on a black background. Could something be done to improve the contrast? Alternatively, could the "prosilver" style be reinstated?

If I'm the only one with this issue, you can ignore me... I'll find a way to live with it.

David Tierce
MOULa-KI: 15763576
GEHN-KI: 00022090
DI-KI: 00145074
dtierce

Postby janaba » Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 am

dtierce, yesterday I've seen the pro silver theme, now it is gone, but you could switch to
the old 'guildofwriters' theme which is still available and maybe good to keep for people
who feel not comfortable from the eyes with the smooth look and feel of the new style ... :)

Edit: I just experimented a bit with the Firefox web dev tools to adjust the font color
and I found to readjust the rgb values to 192 instead of 132 as they are right now would
considerably improve the readability while still leaving the headlines being in contrast to
the rest of the texts and icons and pleasing the eye ... :P

Ohhh, cool, I just see the icons have been changed !!! ... Ruby icons and more ... This is looking so awesome!!! ... /cheer ... :D
And I just realize that you only see them when you're logged in ...

janaba

Postby Paradox » Fri May 04, 2012 7:30 am

janaba wrote:I just experimented a bit with the Firefox web dev tools to adjust the font color
and I found to readjust the rgb values to 192 instead of 132 as they are right now would
considerably improve the readability while still leaving the headlines being in contrast to
the rest of the texts and icons and pleasing the eye ... :P

That sounds fine to me... I took a quick look yesterday going as high as #cccccc and it still looked good.
I think the reason it's so dark is just because we copied the exact same values Tweek had used for the WordPress theme (interesting that nobody complained about that :P)

janaba wrote:Ohhh, cool, I just see the icons have been changed !!! ... Ruby icons and more ... This is looking so awesome!!! ... /cheer ... :D
And I just realize that you only see them when you're logged in ...

The forum software does a crazy amount of caching of images and styles. Your web browser does even more.
The updated icons should appear for everyone (logged in or not), but it could take a while for your browser to realize that its cached copies aren't up-to-date. If you still see all the old icons, you can try a force refresh in your browser (usually Ctrl+Shift+R or Cmd+Shift+R).
Paradox

Postby janaba » Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 am

Paradox wrote:The forum software does a crazy amount of caching of images and styles. Your web browser does even more.
The updated icons should appear for everyone (logged in or not), but it could take a while for your browser to realize that
its cached copies aren't up-to-date. If you still see all the old icons, you can try a force refresh in your browser (usually Ctrl+Shift+R or Cmd+Shift+R).

I always use Ctrl+F5 or the ones you've mentioned to get a 'really' up-to-date website wherever I go ...
I just deleted my Firefox cache manually and totally on my harddrive and I see the beautiful icons
though still not colored at all, no ruby and and no glowing silver and ruby ones ...
They're all grey/silver when I'm not logged in ... :)
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 04, 2012 8:22 am

It can't know which ones have been read by you when you're not logged in. ;)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby diafero » Fri May 04, 2012 8:29 am

Not all icons have been updated though, at least for me (cache is cleared automatically when I quit Firefox) - sticky topics still look the old way.

I think the reason it's so dark is just because we copied the exact same values Tweek had used for the WordPress theme (interesting that nobody complained about that :P)
I hardly ever read any of the worpress pages, but I read the forums almost daily ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 am

Haha ... just ready in this very moment lol ... :D

This is all not to say that I don't like it btw, the silvery icons and the whole look
are very elegant, this is just to tell that things look differently when I'm logged in ... :)

When I'm logged in the forum looks like this ........ When I'm not logged in the forum looks like this ... :P

Image ... Image ......... Image ... Image
Last edited by janaba on Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janaba

Postby diafero » Fri May 04, 2012 9:37 am

Uh, and where's the problem, janaba?

Icons being red means that you did not yet read stuff in there. But of course, when you are not logged in, the board can not know what you read and what not (as Deledrius already told you above), so nothing is red.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News