Site Upgrades

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Site Upgrades

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:35 pm

More updates!

We now have a forum for development discussion of the CyanWorlds.com Plasma Engine. This will certainly make development discussions more accessible to the "average Writer," which is something we're taking seriously.

Now, I know I've been promising that "Development Journals Overhaul" for a long time now (for some reason 2 years jumps to mind). Well, today is the day that I finally deliver on that promise. To use the new journals, simple sign into wordpress with the same username and password you use here on the forum. Wordpress will automatically update your account from the forum account every time you login to it*. Once you get logged into wordpress, I'd suggest filling in some biography information to make your author page more interesting. If you have any suggestions, requests, or bug reports do let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Now that the new development journal system is in place, I will be locking the old one shortly. It will be placed in the new Archive section for your future enjoyment.

* Any password changes you make here on the forum will affect your wordpress account as well, just like your wiki account. Furthermore, changing your password in wordpress is pointless--the new wordpress password will get overwritten by your forum password when you try to login again 8-)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:More updates!

We now have a forum for development discussion of the CyanWorlds.com Plasma Engine. This will certainly make development discussions more accessible to the "average Writer," which is something we're taking seriously.

Now, I know I've been promising that "Development Journals Overhaul" for a long time now (for some reason 2 years jumps to mind). Well, today is the day that I finally deliver on that promise. To use the new journals, simple sign into wordpress with the same username and password you use here on the forum. Wordpress will automatically update your account from the forum account every time you login to it*. Once you get logged into wordpress, I'd suggest filling in some biography information to make your author page more interesting. If you have any suggestions, requests, or bug reports do let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Now that the new development journal system is in place, I will be locking the old one shortly. It will be placed in the new Archive section for your future enjoyment.

* Any password changes you make here on the forum will affect your wordpress account as well, just like your wiki account. Furthermore, changing your password in wordpress is pointless--the new wordpress password will get overwritten by your forum password when you try to login again 8-)

Phew! I've been trying to get a journal for a while now. Thanks!

EDIT: Will we copy over active journals, or is that the owner's responsibility?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby N. Sigismund » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Just did a post over there to test out the functionality. It's very snazzy, and a great way for devs to get articles pushed out for general perusal. :D
For reference:
IC: Nye Morgan
OOC: Sigismund, Nye, Huw Dawson
N. Sigismund

Postby Tweek » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Awesome, thanks Hoikas.

Those of you who read inkwell, I have been porting over the articles written by myself (and Whil is planning to port his too) and we'll be folding inkwell into the GoW dev blog section seeming that most of the articles should be on the GoW anyway :)
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 pm

How did you get the articles back in time?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby bnewton81 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:13 am

The new Wiki looks great. The red text and its organization or lack there of, was intimidating when I first came to it. Hell if I know where anything is now, but it does certainly give the impression of organization. :lol: Thanks guys!
bnewton81

Postby Charura » Tue May 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Wow..I love the new look to the forum..Super job!
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby janaba » Tue May 01, 2012 1:21 pm

I just posted my appreciation somewhere else, but I'd like to agree here to your amazement, Charura ...
The new forum and whole GoW website theme is indeed very beautiful and pleasing to the eye ... :)
janaba

Postby JanB » Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Nice new look!
:)
JanB

Postby Tomala » Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Yes I like the new template. :D
Tomala

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News