PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby Lontahv » Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Aloys wrote:Is there a way yet to copy Plasma Object properties ('is drawable' etc) between objects? It doesn't appear in the Copy menu.

Not at the moment. However, the properties will copy when you duplicate objects.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
User avatar
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby bnewton81 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 am

Is it normal to get a message when loading an exported game that says, "PyPRP 2 will kill you now."? :lol:
User avatar
bnewton81
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby Lontahv » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

bnewton81 wrote:Is it normal to get a message when loading an exported game that says, "PyPRP 2 will kill you now."? :lol:


Uru... will... never... know... (PyPRP2 did it)
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
User avatar
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction
 
Posts: 1331
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 am

Lontahv wrote:
bnewton81 wrote:Is it normal to get a message when loading an exported game that says, "PyPRP 2 will kill you now."? :lol:


Uru... will... never... know... (PyPRP2 did it)

Ahhhhhhhh That is the answer
bnewton81 was done in by PYPRP2 on Galafrey with the Tartus that is why he needs the Doctor
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
User avatar
Wamduskasapa
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:56 am

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby bnewton81 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm working on a short animation depicting PyPRP. Haven't decided whether to villainize it or glorify it. Maybe both.
User avatar
bnewton81
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm

bnewton81 wrote:I'm working on a short animation depicting PyPRP. Haven't decided whether to villainize it or glorify it. Maybe both.

Ha ha! Good luck!
Image
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
User avatar
nathan2055
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:26 pm

I recently posted a guide showing how to install PyPRP2 on the development journals. The link is http://www.guildofwriters.com/?p=178. I hope you can make use of it!
Image
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
User avatar
nathan2055
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby dendwaler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 am

Is there any chance on an update which applies modifiers automatically during export?
Because being more experienced after two years of using Blender i do use them very often.
Lots of what I do now, is being build with array's and mirrors and often with the use of booleans.
I do it that way because the smaller the object is, the easyer it is to texture, to alter and to reuse.
To apply all those modifiers, for every new build again is not longer an option.
I decided to fall back to Blender 2.49 for this reason only.

I do like blender 2.58 very much, and i like way PyPRP2 is set up as well.
So I encourage all the developpers to continue their great work but wait for the final product.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.



Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
User avatar
dendwaler
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Nederland

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby Branan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 am

Modifiers are definitely applied, I've used a few them in my test ages. It's possible there's an issue with some particular modifiers, or the way you're using them. If you can send me a test blend, I'll try to debug it.

branan(at)gmail(dotcom)
Image
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
User avatar
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: PyPRP2 Beta 1 released

Postby dendwaler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Modifiers are definitely applied, I've used a few them in my test ages


If you say so, then it is.
I must be doing something terribly wrong then.
Now i know that it should work, i will look deeper into it first.
When i can't find it, i will happily accept your offer.

Edit: It seems to occur when the object has a parent.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.



Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
User avatar
dendwaler
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Nederland

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron