Plugin for Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Plugin for Max 2011 released

Postby Branan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:01 pm

In the interest of full disclosure: it looks like I accidentally bundled a 64-bit OpenAL DLL (which is still, oddly, named OpenAL32.dll).

The next bundle won't include any openal DLLs at all. I'm just going to include the redist installer.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Lehm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:08 am

wodan944 wrote:Well, I did copied your DLL's in the main directory of Max 2011, but I still get this error message when I startup Max:
DLL<C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\Plugins\PlasmaMax.gup>failed to initialize
Error Code 193 - %1 is not a Win32 ....

Thats what I get, should I maybe copy more files from your folder into the main folder of Max or just the five DLL's?

Wodan944

You're launching the 64bit version. The 32bit version should be in the c:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Autodesk directory.
Lehm

Postby wodan944 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:29 am

When I want to launch Max, I'am using the start icon on my desktop and this says 32 bit.
After the error message it's takes a while, but then Max opens normally.
When I re-install Max it launches perfectly and when this was a 64 bits installation, my 32 bits Windows 7 should give a warning that I should use a 64 bits Operation System.
So I'am really shure I have a 32 bits installation.
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.

Edward De Bono
wodan944

Postby Branan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:41 am

wodan944 wrote:When I want to launch Max, I'am using the start icon on my desktop and this says 32 bit.
After the error message it's takes a while, but then Max opens normally.
When I re-install Max it launches perfectly and when this was a 64 bits installation, my 32 bits Windows 7 should give a warning that I should use a 64 bits Operation System.
So I'am really shure I have a 32 bits installation.

Alright, if you have a 32-bit version of windows that explains the path. You're fine there :)

My only suggestion is to try what's worked for other people - get rid of the OpenAL32.dll file that I included, and try a different version. The one I shipped is wrong in at least one, possibly two ways.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby wodan944 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 am

Well, that did the trick, I used the file from Uru Live and now I have the Plasma Menu.
So far it works but now i get the message "can't find PlasmaMax2.ini" this file is'nt in the plugcfg folder.
Can I use the one in my Max 7 folder?
And what Andy wrote there is also no Plasma Export under the File Menu.
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.

Edward De Bono
wodan944

Postby wodan944 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:35 am

I copied the PlasmaMax2.ini from version 7 into 2011 but still the message can't find PlasmaMax2.ini.
Then I made a shortcut for the Plasma Export and using also the"x" and that works fine.
When I close Max and then I launched it again I got the "failed to open Plasmagup "error again and then after a while Max opens and then it said Error Max will shut down.

Strange things, I think I stay to Max 7

Edward De Bono
wodan944

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 am

Wodan I had the same problem with it not finding PlasmaMax2.ini I found a workaround for that problem. Load up Max 2011. Build your age like normal. Add PageInfo like normal. Go to Component Utilities (click on Hammer, More, Component Utilities), make sure your object that pageinfo is attached to is selected. Then click on pageinfo in component utilities. It will ask you where your export directory is. Once you tell it where to look for your export directory, it will stop complaining about where to find the PlasmaMa2.ini after that.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby andylegate » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:11 am

Highly recommend that these "Work Arounds" be collected and posted on the GoW's Wiki, and other places where tutorials are to help those that have newer versions of Max. That should pretty much be a "No Brainer" but sometimes it gets over looked. If I had newer version of Max (I only have 7, 8 and 9), I would sit down and put the new plugins through the wringer and post stuff like this, but I'm afraid I don't as I don't have a lot of money laying around, heheh.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 am

Hmm, I don't remember binding any keys in Max when I first installed Cyan's plugin. I'll admit it was awhile ago and my memory may be faulty so if I messed up on that sorry.

In the interest of keeping things sane I'd really suggest to everyone not to copy over their max 7 PlasmaMax2.ini. And just make a new one with notepad or any text editor. You can also open this file that way, and check to make sure your settings are correct. It should look something like this:

Code: Select all
[Menu]
Version=10
[SceneViewer]
Directory="Your export directory"
Update=1
UpdateFreq=500
LoadOld=0
ReleaseExe=1
[Export]
X=0
Y=30
Dir=C:\Program Files\3DSMax7\scenes\Dorehn

Where "Directory" is the directory you will be exporting to. The Dir setting is a optional setting if you wish to export whole directories and can be temporarily changed from inside max at any time. It can also be changed permanently within the ini file itself.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby Branan » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:21 am

andylegate wrote:Highly recommend that these "Work Arounds" be collected and posted on the GoW's Wiki, and other places where tutorials are to help those that have newer versions of Max. That should pretty much be a "No Brainer" but sometimes it gets over looked. If I had newer version of Max (I only have 7, 8 and 9), I would sit down and put the new plugins through the wringer and post stuff like this, but I'm afraid I don't as I don't have a lot of money laying around, heheh.

Those work arounds are just needed because I rushed to get the bundle together and didn't have a not-development computer to test the deployment on before I shared it. The next bundle won't need them, so I'm not really sure they should be documented for long-term use.

Targets for the next build: fix the regression that's causing a plClient crash, and add Export to the Plasma menu so it's visible on those modern Max versions that don't let you touch their file menu.
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News