Concerning the Alcugs wiki

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Concerning the Alcugs wiki

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:11 am

I knew Dustin too, and for a long time, I considered him a friend. I am, however, not sad to see him go, and I feel this will lead to a bright new future for the community - not a loss at /all/.

Its about time this scumbag left our community.

So, no, I don't feel its a loss, I feel it is a great thing indeed. Its a pity that I'm not still involved in things enough to enjoy it.
kaelisebonrai

Postby Karkadann » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 am

You don't hafta like who you work with, the trick is,to know how to work with them with minimal conflict.
I have had issues with others just like others have had issues with me, But I know things that they don't and they know things that I don't. and we put our differences inside because we both have a common goal that we wish to achieve. If we were never able to put our differences aside the common goal we have would have never been met.

The mistake I feel Cyan made is when people started leaving the company they took their secrets with them, how things where put together, how they work. Uru live is a good example.some of the people that worked on Uru live no longer work for Cyan and those remaining don't have the info to do what what was planed. Uru Live will never be what it was meant to be because people left and took their technical info with them. It seems like history is repeating itself.

So its up to you, Do we compromise and make Uru better then it ever was, or do we rejoice in the absence of people knowing full well this has the potential of starting a chain reaction that may prevent the Progression of this community.

Their is more wisdom in groups at the same time their is more conflict in groups. A group of people with wisdom can only work if some of their wisdom involves working with others, and that is always a two way street.

If we can not work together Uru Live is doomed

Edit To add Youtube Video they have several informative videos that may be of interest
Open Source Projects and Poisonous People
Last edited by Karkadann on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Corvus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 am

The bad style of some of the posts here really upsets me. I'm not surprised that someone leaves who can be called

a madman, liar, manipulative bastard, scumbag

without anyone intervening.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Calena » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:12 pm

You're right Corvus. I learned a long time ago that what comes out of a person's mouth tells me more about the speaker than who that person is talking about.

I guess with the extremely limited time our moderators have to do their job, we should be thankful we don't see more of this. Isn't the common protocol to assist the moderators by reporting it via PM?
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Luna » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:00 pm

I would say that everyone is allowed their own opinion of people and while I don't know the person in question good enough to really have one, his rant against Hoikas and Diafero (who I do know somewhat better) that is actually earlier in this topic did not give me the idea that he was a very nice person.

Edit : Maybe an idea to read it back?
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Joorea » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Corvus wrote:The bad style of some of the posts here really upsets me. I'm not surprised that someone leaves who can be called

a madman, liar, manipulative bastard, scumbag

without anyone intervening.

Agree.
It's a shame what some people post about a good man like Dustin. I know him since some years and for me there is nothing to say against him in contrast I can say for me he always was and still is a person of integrity.

Joorea
...find a way...build a home... www.after-uru-forum.de
Joorea

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:14 pm

The outpouring of support for Dustin is touching and all... But keep in mind this is the second time he's pulled this stunt. The first time, he lashed out at Cyan and left. This time, he lashed out at me (probably because lashing out at Cyan is no longer an option) and left. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the moderation at this forum is only present to eliminate spammers. You can say whatever you want to here as long as it doesn't devolve into sexually explicit (not family friendly) content. Whether or not the wording of any particular post is in good taste, written in haste, or is a sneaky lie is another matter entirely.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby andylegate » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Question Please:

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, the moderation at this forum is only present to eliminate spammers. You can say whatever you want to here as long as it doesn't devolve into sexually explicit (not family friendly) content. Whether or not the wording of any particular post is in good taste, written in haste, or is a sneaky lie is another matter entirely.

As I can't locate any forum rules, does this not apply to profanity?

Nadnerb wrote: The great fallacy of the internet, I think, is this: Being right does not give you the right to be an asshole.

kaelisebonrai wrote:You are a liar, and a manipulative bastard.

:emphasis mine:

The reason I bring this up is, while I understand emotions run high, and you are like the only mod around, there are kids here that read this forum. I know this because Metabasalt and Ametist both have recommended this forum to their students to use this forum as a resource and to ask questions.
I have also recommended this site to the Cub Scouts in m pack. These are boys are on the average age of 11 years and younger. They expressed an interest in learning when I showed them what could be done.

If profanity is allowed, then I, Ametist and Metabasalt need to warn the parents whom we gave this information to and warn them not to allow their children to come to this forum. Sorry, but I don't want an angry mob at my door if this type of language is going to be allowed.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Good question. There are no written rules, mostly because I feel that each post should really be considered on a case by case basis (and some common sense ought to be used). Hot-button topics require a slightly different approach than post about how to script a linking book, in my opinion anyway. If there is a desire for written rules, then I can attempt to provide some general guidelines in the future. For now, as far as language goes, let's keep it to US daytime TV acceptable*. The occasional profane term (like the ones you mentioned) isn't something I'm going to crack down on, but any f-bombs or posts that exist purely for the sake of dropping expletives will be taken care of as soon as I see them. If you or anyone else is recommending this site to younger individuals and need to make some input, fire off that PM. I do at least read and remember the PMs I receive.

* You know, back when I was growing up, there was almost NO profanity on TV. Boy has that changed.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Karkadann » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Im getting to old for this drama it makes my brain hurt, I think my time is better spent on 3DS Max.and Uru.

By the way Adam
Show Spoiler
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News