Gehn Shard Pod Party

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Gehn Shard Pod Party

Postby Branan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:18 pm

The Gehn Shard admins are happy to announce another party!

When: Saturday, March 31st at 19:00 UTC / 13:00 KI Time. Please note that Gehn now follows current US DST rules, and does not match Cyan's KI time. Double-check your UTC offset! If you are a new Gehn player, you should arrive early so you have time to collect your KI.
Where: Dereno, Negilahn, and Payiferen
How to join: Once you log in, send a PM with your KI number to any of the shard admins. They'll link you to one of the pods. The admin KI numbers are available in a global KI mail.

The plan is to spend some time in these small groups, and give everybody a chance to talk with the shard admins and their fellow explorers. Once we have enough people in the pods, the admins will trigger the portals, and we'll all jump through them at the same time in an attempt to crash the server. If Gehn survives the first attempt, we will probably take the players around to the other pods and try again.

If you don't yet have an account on the Gehn Shard, there are instructions available.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn Shard Pod Party

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm

This sounds like fun - I will be there...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Wonderful!!! Count me in ... and Wam, it is great that you'll be joining us ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 am

>> bump << ... :D

... just so you all don't forget to mark your calendars and build up your excitement haha ... :P

Dearest Rhee and Adi, in case you're coming along here and see this or on the MOUL forums,
please let us know if you're ready to provide us again with some of your enjoyable musical
presentations to boost the fun even more ... If so, thanks in advance, ladies ...
You're of course very much welcome to join us in case you wouldn't be up to anything else
but having fun and crashing the servers ... See you all next week (at the latest) ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:10 am

>> Triple post << ... :D

Yeah, sorry friends, but as nobody else posted anything here and I didn't see the 'views' counter significantly
increasing lol and before this event vanishes more and more into oblivion, I thought to remind you all to keep
your weekend resp. Saturday afternoon/evening free and your dancing shoes ready to have fun and to crash
those Pods resp. the servers again ... this time through those beautiful shiny portals ... :P

As of the time zones I'd like to mention/remind that also Europe switched to DST on the last weekend, so we're in line
with the usual KI and US time zones again, which means GMT is 6 hours from the cavern KI time, London (GMT +1)7 hours
and Germany (=GMT +2 = DST time) 8 hours from KI time, so that the starting point at 13:00 KI time will be at

12:00 noon PDT, 15:00 pm EDT, 19:00 pm GMT, 20:00 pm London and 21:00 pm Germany etc ...

On the MOULa servers we still had to add an hour but the Gehn shard is already aligned with DST times ...
So, see you all there ... :)

I've posted those pictures on the MOUL forums already, but I'd like to show you here as well that even in Tetsonot
a party can be absolute and real fun ...

janaba

Postby Ron Landry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 am

Nice pictures, janaba. But I can't identify the source of the light. Despite we all have :) daylight time now, it's no daylight indeed. :D
However, I'm planning to share this event.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby janaba » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 pm

You have to ask Cyan for the light sources haha ... No, seriously, when you switch all those levers and buttons
downstairs the lights go on and off long enough and I didn't believe that myself before I've seen and experienced it ... :P

Those pictures are taken on the 'D'ni Day of Dancing' in 2007 btw on one of the many events organized ...
This party took place in Rebekah's Tetsonot and if you got to know some of them, you can see many old
Uruites like Ireen, our Dodo on Journey D'niJ, Thend, janaba (haha) and many more ... :)

We also had a great party in Vortmax' Payiferen that day, but I don't want to clutter this thread with
too many great but old photos lol ...
janaba

Postby Christian Walther » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:50 pm

The light source in the second picture are KI lights. There was a bug in MOUL where you would often see the KI light of other players permanently on. They wouldn’t see it themselves though. I also occasionally see this on MOULa, but nowhere near as often. I don’t remember if I’ve ever seen it on Gehn or other shards, and I don’t know if anyone has ever investigated what causes the bug. It’s also a major source of lag when you have shadows on.

Another very nice source of disco lighting in Tetsonot is the portal. 8-)
Christian Walther

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 pm

I figured that I would bump this topic.
It is now 1346 Hrs KI time and in just a little bit over 23 hours the CRASH Party within the Gehn Shard Pods will start.
Hopefully I will meet serveral of you at that time...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Nev'yn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Just an FYI for all of you, I just finished Cavern Crying @8pm EDT for the Pod Party tommorrow to remind people about the event. I"ll place an edit when I finish PDT later tonight while visiting with some friends. I'll also try to remind Explorers around 7-8pm CET, which is about lunch time for me during the day tommorrow. Let me know if I can be of any more help!

Edit @3/31 2:41pm EST: Final crier call for the pod party completed.
Last edited by Nev'yn on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KI# 14883206 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)
Nev'yn

Next

Return to Guild News