Tre'bivdil Stained Glass Contest

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Tre'bivdil Stained Glass Contest

Postby janaba » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 am

This is exciting news and it will be most probably a difficult choice to make, many thanks to all contributors ... :P
janaba

Postby Tweek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Figured I'd share.

Not at all happy with my contribution. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time at the moment and even on my days off I'm working overtime :(

That and whilst I like trebiv'dil it doesn't really have a whole lot going on in terms of things to look at and things that stand out.

So given the Age is minimal I figured I should go minimal with the window. Just used the cubes and colors of the Age. Layout of the window is actually a map of the Age. Thick supports are walkways leading from cube to cube that can be found in the Age.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Rhee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

ooo cool beans, i guess I should reveal mine too!! This is my first homemade texture so...

tada :P
Last edited by Rhee on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOULa 2.0: Rhee - 1544785 Gehn Shard: Rhee - 16214

No bahro were harmed or enslaved in the making of this Age.
Rhee

Postby janaba » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:23 am

Wow!!! Awesome depictions or interpretations of the age ... Thanks for sharing prior to the jury's decision ... :D

And yes, you're right Tweek, this age is similar to our Eder Tsogal, that's why dendwaler was already on the
right track with his 'Mondriaan' design and accentuating the beautiful colors of Tre'bivdil ... One could even
use a beautiful picture like Adam's signature on the MOUL forums and make a stained glass version of it ...

Rhee used a similar style like Tweek using the tree as a basis for creating a more clearly illustrated map
of the age ... Wonderful creations, everyone ... I wonder if those graphics were sent in 'transparent' and
would thus appear without a 'frame' or if you applied a special background to them ... :)
janaba

Postby Deledrius » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 am

As I have been summoned here to be among the judges for this contest, I want to say:

Thank you everyone who entered. I personally like every single entry and I feel everyone has contributed something truly worthy of consideration. This is not an easy contest to judge as each entry finds something unique to highlight about Tre'bivdil, and I'm glad to see such talent on display here.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Ahlisendar » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Rhee wrote:ooo cool beans, i guess I should reveal mine too!! This is my first homemade texture so...

tada :P

Everybody jump on the band wagon...

I'm not a writer
Ahlisendar

Postby janaba » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Wow!!! Also, absolutely awesome, Ahlisendar, thanks for sharing ... Oh, our poor, poor jury ... :P
janaba

Postby Chuckles58 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:44 pm

This contest is super easy for the judges and is guaranteed to have a great winner!

Eeny Meeny Miney Moe ...
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby semplerfi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Great stuff. 8-)
semplerfi

Postby Ehren » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Tweek wrote:Not at all happy with my contribution. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time at the moment and even on my days off I'm working overtime :(

That and whilst I like trebiv'dil it doesn't really have a whole lot going on in terms of things to look at and things that stand out.

So given the Age is minimal I figured I should go minimal with the window. Just used the cubes and colors of the Age. Layout of the window is actually a map of the Age. Thick supports are walkways leading from cube to cube that can be found in the Age.

For what it's worth, I actually like your stained glass best... I like Trebiv'dil too, but it doesn't seem like the right kind of place to have a super detailed stained glass. I would say yours goes for more of a focus in shape, it's not one solid stained glass but rather has lots of gaps and would look interesting hanging up.
Ehren

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News