Emergency Downtime

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Emergency Downtime

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

Yesterday, one of our provider's other clients launched a DDoS attack from their VPS (virtual private server). As a result, the data center will be removing all of our provider's servers. This means that we will be having emergency downtime very soon(TM) to transfer to a provider that knows how to handle DDoS attacks and not get themselves thrown out of a data center. This affects the Gehn Shard as well.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Emergency Downtime

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Migration (mostly) complete. If you encounter any problems, please let me know.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:49 am

That was a rapid and successful transaction ... All went very well as it seems ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Afraid I've just tried to get into two bahro caves via portals - the Eders and Kadish - and both times I got "LinkToAge failed" messages. Never seen that one before. I should flag that (under the name Treehugger) I've been suffering from very slow start-up with Minkata, so maybe this is a sign of the same underlying problem Mac has been investigating and may not be anything to do with your switch of provider. But I thought I'd better mention it, as it's new.
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm

The technical emergency means that the server.ini changed. Have you tried manually replacing the server.ini file?
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Acorn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:28 pm

phew, that seems to have done the trick. Sorry, I'd missed your other post on swapping the file. :oops:
Acorn

Return to Guild News