For many years, the Guild of Messengers and the Guild of Writers have existed as distinct entities in the Uru community. Collaboration and communication have always been the key words to describe our relationship, itself based on a foundation of mutual trust and respect. After much thinking and planning, we have decided to take this one step further: we are proud to announce that both guilds are fusing together to form the Guild of Messengers and Writers!
We'll be providing more information about the GoMaW at the AGM, but here are the essential points you need to know right now.
We feel like there are too many similarities between our Guilds to continue with this unnecessary distinction between the two groups. Many of our members are also Messengers, some of which are GMs over there, and we frequently discuss semi-private Writers business with various Messengers (and vice-versa). This new identity will also give us a better chance at remaining a core pillar of the all-too-fragmented Uru community.
This has long been in the works, and we've decided that we are now sufficiently prepared for it to happen. We're currently busy deciding how the new Guild structure will be layed out and preparing to merge the websites together. Here's what we've hashed out so far:
- There will now be three Guild Masters, each of which with the same amount of power but with separate duties,
- Hoikas, a.k.a. Adam Johnson, will keep his position as Tsar and will have joint control of the GoMaW,
- Doobes and Lyrositor will be promoted to the status of Directors, both of which will have equal power among the three Guild Masters,
- Messengers and Writers will be invited to recreate their accounts on the new GoMaW website (URL to be determined), but this is not mandatory. Members of the GoMaW will be expected to take up both Messenging and Writing duties.
- The GoMaW Logo will be a fusion of both the previous GoMe logo and the previous GoW logo. The official Guild colors will be a dark orange. We will also organize a contest for the creation of this logo, as the one pictured above is a temporary, working logo; anyone can participate.
- We will be sending a petition to Cyan for the creation of a new Guild T-Shirt with the official Guild colors and logo. This shirt will replace the Messengers' and Writers' T-Shirt, but will allow simultaneous access to both the Messengers' Pub and the Writers' Pub.
Right now. As of the writing of this post, the GoMaW is now an official entity. We are currently really busy setting up the new website, so hang tight for more information!
If you have comments and suggestions about the proposed changes, we'll be happy to listen to them and eventually implement them. Membership will always be open to any and all.