IRC Migration

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

IRC Migration

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:37 am

For those of you who might have missed the in-channel announcement yesterday ;)

We're migrating from JustIRC to our own self-hosted IRC network. The new network is (or will be, depending on how good your DNS provider is) located at irc.guildofwriters.org. We decided to self-host because the JustIRC network has become increasingly defunct over time and has lost services for approximately a month now due to a misconfiguration. We no longer have channel operators, so we cannot even change our own channel topic to announce the move.

If irc.guildofwriters.org is still pointing to JustIRC for you, you may connect to guildofwriters.org in the mean time. I recommend you switch to the former when it starts to work because we have more than one server on our network.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: IRC Migration

Postby Lyrositor » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am

We of the GoMe would also like to point out that our IRC channel, #gome, is now hosted on the same server. As soon as I can grab Leonardo (now where is that guy? ;) ) I'll try to talk him into updating the irc.guildofmessengers.com settings.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Return to Guild News