Korman 0.01 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:50 am

Thx for all the hard work and time involved to develop Korman.
This seems a big step forward for us "agewriters."

During the installation of Korman i had to overcome some problems.

I am using windows 10 (the insider preview version)
First it was my virusscanner Avast that did not download the file because it was detected as "Drep"
I consider this as a false positive and disabled the scanner.
Then it was Windows 10 itself that did not allow me to run the unknown exe file.
I had to ignore this.

After that, all Ok for continue my first trial.
I Imported my current project and changed the book settings to the " world "environment and added the different involved pages.

It seems page information of the individual objects are lost during import.
Is it possible to get that info back in place?
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:45 pm

It looks like Avast is being kind of stupid. Here's a user on their forum explaining how their detection works: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic ... msg1164286

It looks like we would satisfy conditions #1 and #3. I am looking into getting a code signing certificate so that Windows and other virus utilities will at least see that the EXE is trusted. However, getting a code signing certificate can be both painful and time consuming. The places that sell them tend to want documentation about me that I can't provide, such as a telephone bill in my name (I don't have a telephone that I pay for). I have pay stubs, banks statements, and a driver's license with my name on it--why is that not good enough? :roll:
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Whilyam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:10 am

Doobes wrote:I've written up a new tutorial on the various logic nodes so far and their uses:

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Korman:Logic_Nodes

It needs some touch-ups and a few more examples, but it should give everyone an idea of how they work.

/me does a dance on AlcScript's grave :P

Very cool. I will join you in that dance. :P

One question, is it possible in the current setup to make things like timed codes or button sequence puzzles? It looks like it might be possible from what I see, but I don't know if it is supported.
Whilyam

Postby Sirius » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:04 am

Well, I barely scratched the surface of Korman, and yet just knowing it's here I'm finally in the mood for building again ! And today I've had tons of cool ideas for my current Age...

I directly tried exporting two of my current Ages to CC. Alas, the two of them caused different export errors. But in both cases I just setup the World info and threw a spawnpoint and colliders - I didn't bother disabling some lighting or whatever.

Show Spoiler

Looks like it's something with Blender's object modifiers. I use a LOT of them: edge split, boolean, subsurf, displace, etc. Might be that it's confusing Korman somehow.

Show Spoiler

Aaaand another bug with context-dependent operators. In this Age, I baked light to vertexcolor a while ago. Maybe I should let Korman do that ?
EDIT: Solved, it seems it was something with the blend file itself. If you run into this issue, start from Blender's default scene, use File→Append to fetch all your objects from your previous Blender file. Just re-setup the Age properties and it will export fine.

Either way, these Ages barely export under normal conditions. My 2.7 port of PyPRP handled them, but I always had to split some meshes using over 0x8000 vertices, and apply a few modifiers before doing so. So they'll probably require some rework at some point.

Still, I look forward to being able to export directly from Korman, without going through all the loops PyPRP required. For now, I'm making good progress from within Blender, with just an occasional export using PyPRP to see how things are going.
Me showing off Show Spoiler
Last edited by Sirius on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:33 am

Whilyam wrote:One question, is it possible in the current setup to make things like timed codes or button sequence puzzles? It looks like it might be possible from what I see, but I don't know if it is supported.

The only thing in that list that 0.01 doesn't support is timed sequences. However, these have been added since the release and will be available in 0.02 :)

@Sirius: I supposedly wrote code to support exporting mesh modifiers. It appears that I forgot to add an else branch in the mesh exporter. That bug has been fixed now. I'll look into the context bugs as well. Thanks for pointing those out!
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Rabenschwinge » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 am

Im absolutely amazed by all the work you put into this!
I´m not a particularily good or experienced age writer, so everything that makes things easier and "less techy" is really appreciated! :)
Rabenschwinge

Postby Whilyam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:
Whilyam wrote:One question, is it possible in the current setup to make things like timed codes or button sequence puzzles? It looks like it might be possible from what I see, but I don't know if it is supported.

The only thing in that list that 0.01 doesn't support is timed sequences. However, these have been added since the release and will be available in 0.02 :)

@Sirius: I supposedly wrote code to support exporting mesh modifiers. It appears that I forgot to add an else branch in the mesh exporter. That bug has been fixed now. I'll look into the context bugs as well. Thanks for pointing those out!

So, I think the way I worded the question makes it harder for me to understand the answer. Are you saying that timed codes and button sequences are possible but not timed button sequences? Or that button sequences work but not timed codes? Also, do I see that kickables are not in this release? I assume that also means physics puzzles like the Teledahn plates are not yet possible? Even so, I'm really looking forward to getting into wiring now that it's not an ALCscript chore.
Whilyam

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Whilyam wrote:So, I think the way I worded the question makes it harder for me to understand the answer. Are you saying that timed codes and button sequences are possible but not timed button sequences? Or that button sequences work but not timed codes? Also, do I see that kickables are not in this release? I assume that also means physics puzzles like the Teledahn plates are not yet possible? Even so, I'm really looking forward to getting into wiring now that it's not an ALCscript chore.

Anything that depends on a ticking-clock style timer won't work in 0.01. But if you want to say, open a door immediately after an avatar has pressed a button, that will work. The ability to delay things based on the amount of clock time will be present in 0.02 (the feature is already written and tested).

Kickables are supported in the basic collision modifier ;). You'll have to enable the "Dynamic" checkbox. The regions sensor logic node will let you detect avatars, kickables, or both.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Whilyam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Very nice! Only reason I thought kickables weren't in was because the tutorial had a "coming soon" on it. I have quite a few ideas now! PHYSICS PUZZLES! BASKETS! :twisted:
Whilyam

Postby Whilyam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm getting a strange error when trying to export Tosholek in Korman. The error says there are too many verts (73K+) in Mesh.001 associated with the material tsho_rocks. It's strange because the whole AGE is only 27K verts and there is no such mesh that I can find in Outliner.
Whilyam

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News