Korman 0.01 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby tachzusamm » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Ookay. Did my first Age as described in the Getting Started chapter.

Hella yes, it works!
Although I got problems when I add the panic link cube; it's located far below the plane, got the scale & rotation applied, but as soon as I link in, the avatar panic-links out immediately. He did not even start to fall through the plane. Well, I may have done something wrong, will try again later. It works well though without that cube. ^^

Good job, team. It's so easy to set anything up! *applauds*
User avatar
tachzusamm
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 am
Location: Germany

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby cskid13 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:01 pm

This will herald a new age in age writing (no pun intended). It will be nice to finally be able to export to MO:UL format!
cskid13
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Eder Tsogal

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Doobes » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:07 pm

tachzusamm wrote:Although I got problems when I add the panic link cube; it's located far below the plane, got the scale & rotation applied, but as soon as I link in, the avatar panic-links out immediately. He did not even start to fall through the plane. Well, I may have done something wrong, will try again later.


Try copying the cube and deleting the original. This has fixed things for me on a few occasions. Not sure why it does that, but the GoW knows about that bug. :D
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Orlando, FL, USA

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby tachzusamm » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Doobes wrote:Try copying the cube and deleting the original. This has fixed things for me on a few occasions. Not sure why it does that, but the GoW knows about that bug. :D

Well, that fixed it - in a way. I don't link out now, but panic linking doesn't do its job. I fall and fall and fall through the cube, until i link out by timeout. Plasma Object is checked, yes. I also tried to delete the modifier and apply a new, but no change.
Anyway, no big deal. There's already so much to try and build and bake and explore. ^^
User avatar
tachzusamm
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 am
Location: Germany

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:17 pm

That's very odd. I just tried a panic link region in both PotS and MOUL and they both worked great. But, differences in how physicals work between PotS and MOUL have been my latest bane, so I'll keep playing with it.

I just squashed what I think is a fairly nasty race condition in the Korman resource manager. It deals with SceneObjects not being created before someone else wants to access a modifier on that SceneObject. I've not experienced it until now with several months of playing around, so hopefully it won't impact anyone until 0.02 comes out. I'm thinking there aren't any cases where that happens in the plugin as released.

@Sirius: Having a C++ component is a bit of an annoyance in some ways. But, unlike PyPRP, we don't have to write our own serialization functions anymore :). We do have to add bindings for this stuff to Python though. If there's anything you need Python bindings for, let me know, and I'll work on them. Also, PyHSPlasma has some sneaky gotchas... It will probably help to get familiar with the C++ if you can.
Image
User avatar
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Whilyam » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. Guess I have something to work on tomorrow when I get free time. If I'm reading it right, Korman does not yet support Wavesets, right? Will it hurt my Ages if I convert them now? Should I wait for a future version to convert my Ages with Wavesets in them?
User avatar
Whilyam
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Doobes » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Whilyam wrote:If I'm reading it right, Korman does not yet support Wavesets, right? Will it hurt my Ages if I convert them now? Should I wait for a future version to convert my Ages with Wavesets in them?


No wavesets yet. We'll need to keep poking Hoikas until he adds 'em. ;)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Orlando, FL, USA

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby diafero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:59 am

Congratulations to this release! That's an impressive one. Just like others said here, I kind of did not expect this to happen anymore. Which makes me even more happy :-) . Great work!

Seems like I will soon have to worry about people using linking responders, even when building in Blender... ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 5:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:11 am

Whilyam wrote:Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. Guess I have something to work on tomorrow when I get free time. If I'm reading it right, Korman does not yet support Wavesets, right? Will it hurt my Ages if I convert them now? Should I wait for a future version to convert my Ages with Wavesets in them?


It won't hurt anything to start now ;)
Image
User avatar
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Korman 0.01 Released!

Postby Doobes » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:33 am

I've written up a new tutorial on the various logic nodes so far and their uses:

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Korman:Logic_Nodes

It needs some touch-ups and a few more examples, but it should give everyone an idea of how they work.

/me does a dance on AlcScript's grave :P
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Image
User avatar
Doobes
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Orlando, FL, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron