Korman 0.02 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.02 Released!

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 am

Sirius wrote:Then, there was an issue with some animated object, causing another crash upon linking to the Age. The animated object did NOT have Korman's animation modifier, it was just a standard Blender f-curve. The object also had a few children object tied to it.
I had a look in the PRP, and I guess there is a slight error in the way Korman handles CoordinateInterfaces... The parent object had no CoordInterface (which is a bit annoying if it must have children objects), but worse... the children were actually parenting themselves ! Meaning Uru was loading object "A", then loading its child object "A", which had a child object "A", etc. It must explain why Uru did not show an error window when crashing

I hereby name this phenomenon "troll parenting" [trollface.jpg] But more seriously, coordinate interface generation has been one of the more volatile parts of Korman. I'll look into this vastly evil/amusing issue.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Doobes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:54 pm

I've posted a VERY rough tutorial for using Python script nodes in Korman. Right now, it shows how to do journals and imagers (postable and visitor logging). Feel free to add, modify, clarify, etc.

https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Korman:Python_Nodes
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Ok, so everything is still going smoothly - I got both Korman and my script to bake vertex color without Blender crashing or the DSpan being corrupted ! (for now I still use my own baking script - it gives me a bit more control over baking and object modifiers).
Although I did have the corrupted DSpan bug again, as well as the "incorrect context for plasma_vertexlight_autobake.poll()" (even when I specifically tell Korman to not bake vertex colors), but I'm not really sure what triggers these errors. Either way, reopening the blend file or removing leftover UVmaps always seem to fix the issue, so that's no big deal.

Oh, and another error I ran into:
Show Spoiler
This one is sometime printed upon opening a Blender file. I didn't notice it breaking anything, though.

I still didn't test the logic nodes system, but I'll certainly give it a try once I finish modeling and animating a puzzle. Muhahahaha :twisted:

Deledrius wrote:You can click on the Restrict Rendering button (the camera icon) in the object's entry in the Outliner. This hides it from the renderer, which is used for those calculations.
Ah, right ! Works perfectly. I even found the hotkey: ctrl-h (blessed be the operator list that pops up when you press spacebar...)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:35 am

There is a typo in the code handling wavesets... More specifically, when fetching the rotation of the wind object.
Show Spoiler
It should be "matrix_world", not "maitrx_world". For now, not using a wind object is enough to avoid the issue.

Another issue: Korman accepts exporting the Age under any name. Meaning the .age file can be renamed to anything (in my case, it was ending with ".blend"). Maybe putting a warning for idiots like me would be a good idea ? :P
Actually, why not save the Age name and export path in the world properties ? Since these rarely change, I don't think it's useful to have to browse to Uru's folder and re-enter the Age name every time, which is a bit long when exporting often...
(this is something I did for the 2.7 version of PyPRP, since most of the time I forget to enter the Age name or export to the wrong folder :lol: )

Also, I can confirm the DrawableSpans is corrupted by UVmaps. Meaning a single object using a single UVmap is enough to have the DSpan disappear in PRPShop. Not always, but very often. Removing the UVmap is enough to have it reappear. I even tested it on a new scene, so it doesn't seem to be an error when upgrading to the new version of Blender.
This is weird: I have this bug very often with my meshes, but surely someone else should have run into this issue by now ?...
If it can help, here is a corrupted PRP.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iht6ucgblunv ... e.zip?dl=1
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Sorry there's not been much noise about progress lately. I've been spending a significant amount of time on Gehn 22 this past week.

Sirius wrote:There is a typo in the code handling wavesets... More specifically, when fetching the rotation of the wind object.
Show Spoiler
It should be "matrix_world", not "maitrx_world". For now, not using a wind object is enough to avoid the issue.

:oops:

Sirius wrote:Actually, why not save the Age name and export path in the world properties ?

Under the hood, it is stored there and those options should be remembered... I've been meaning to fix the file extension problem though.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Aloys » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello there! (To whoever might recognize my name; been a while since I last came here. :o )
This plugin looks wicked cool! Looks like you guys have been working your butts off on that one. I just looked that the wiki pages and it appears to be exactly what non-coders like me have wanted all along..
I'm very tempted to unearth one of my old Ages to give it a try.. It's been so long since I last dabbled in Age building, it's a little scary.. :?
Aloys

Postby Tweek » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:06 am

Who the devil are you?
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:27 am

Welcome back, Aloys! :o
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 am

Tweek wrote:Who the devil are you?

Don't link here to D'ni, not yet!

[trollface.jpg]
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Sirius » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:40 am

Hoikas wrote:Sorry there's not been much noise about progress lately. I've been spending a significant amount of time on Gehn 22 this past week.
It's alright, we know you're all doing your best with the time you have :P

Hoikas wrote:Under the hood, it is stored there and those options should be remembered...
Ah, indeed ! I must have missed it, since I rarely save the file after exporting. Thanks for the info.

Aloys wrote:I'm very tempted to unearth one of my old Ages to give it a try...
I certainly hope you have fun with it !

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Don't link here to D'ni, not yet!
Aloys, give Hoikas and his team the donuts, they deserve it. The donuts !... You have the donuts, right ?...
FOOL !
:lol:
Sirius

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News