Korman 0.05 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.05 Released!

Postby dendwaler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:35 am

Ah thank you , now i understand it.
Indeed i thought active render layers are disabled by default instead of enabled.
So the whole process went wrong.
Now i have a perfect result.
Stuped i did not notice that i inverted the process.
As I understood now ,Korman actually uses the same Uv handling process as i did manually before.
Thats why i assume that Ao is not included in this process either.
As far i know a full render does not do that.

I think you have to do nearly the same process twice.
1 time for the lightmap and 1 time for the ao.
Use the same uv map for both results on a different image.
Then multiply or add both images with each other.
Adding can become to dark sometimes.
(Manually i subtracted a flat grey layer again to fall into the correct greytones)
Then finally apply the combined image to the object(s)
In my experience Ao is as important as shadows , it gives more depth to objects.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am

Another question.

Currently there is an option to enable all objects as Plasma object.
I would like to also have the option to disable all, combined with an option to enable selected objects only.
This is helpfull to trace down some errors in big environments.

If i have an array of objects and it needs a lightmap,
Is it necessary to apply the array first or will it be done automatically and be correct for every object (not only the first one)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm

dendwaler wrote:Another question.

Currently there is an option to enable all objects as Plasma object.
I would like to also have the option to disable all, combined with an option to enable selected objects only.
This is helpfull to trace down some errors in big environments.

These are excellent suggestions that we should be able to add in for 0.06.

dendwaler wrote:If i have an array of objects and it needs a lightmap,
Is it necessary to apply the array first or will it be done automatically and be correct for every object (not only the first one)

I'm not sure what an array of objects is. Is this a modifier in Blender?
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby dendwaler » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Yes correct, i mean the blender array modifier.
I tested it today and it went wrong.
The lightmap seems to be made before the array modifier is applied.
Then after applying the lightmap of the first element is transferred to all ellements of the array.
It should not be like that because every element is in a different location.with different objects in front of it.

Also it seems that if you copy an object, the copy uses the lightmap of the first. It should not because of the different location.

If i apply the array myself before exporting, then the lightmap is OK! as you see here

I do not want applied arrays stored inside my blender file, because then i cannot longer change it (distance in between, change the shape, add something on top , etc )

dendwaler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:58 pm

Yes, lightmaps are baked before any object modifiers are applied. There are a lot of interesting problems with how to fix this, and I'm going to have to think about it for awhile.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby J'Kla » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:00 am

Are we any closer to the next version one with ladders?

Waiting patiently here it has been a while since 0.05
J'Kla

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm

J'Kla wrote:Are we any closer to the next version one with ladders?

Waiting patiently here it has been a while since 0.05

I think 0.06 is close. I have the ladders done and journals about done too. I had some equipment problems that set me back a few months, and Hoikas is currently busy with work (and we were waiting for Blender 2.79 which has some crucial improvements required for Korman 0.06). I can't commit to a schedule for it (perhaps Hoikas has a target in mind?) but we are making progress. Sorry it's so overdue! 0.06 has some very nice additions I hope people enjoy and can't wait for you to have access to it. :D

I'm also successfully using Korman with the 64-bit Blender now, which is terrific.

Korman 0.06 Teaser: Show Spoiler
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby dendwaler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:56 am

I'm also successfully using Korman with the 64-bit Blender now, which is terrific.

He, thats great news!

Is 64bit available in Korman 0.06? ...or is 0.05 already available in a 64 bit version?

I want to get rid of all those old versions asap,
because i am on the point of starting a new , but small project, to get used to Korman and the new Blender.

dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

dendwaler wrote:Is 64bit available in Korman 0.06? ...or is 0.05 already available in a 64 bit version?

v0.05 technically supports it, but we did not release a pre-compiled version that will work with it (you need to use a different version of the compiled libraries for 64-bit). I expect Korman v0.06 will have an official release for both versions of Blender 2.79.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I assume this is what the doctor ordered, denwaler? :)

Work on 0.06 continues. Deledrius poked me about a target date recently, so I think we're both a little inspired. By my estimation, we have one code task, some grunt work on the build end, and testing (of course) left. I'd estimate before the new year--and hopefully closer to this side of it.
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News