Korman 0.05 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.05 Released!

Postby Deledrius » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am

dendwaler wrote:So its all a bit more complicated.

Are these kind of tests helpfull ?
If so, i will continue, at some point it must become clear i think.

This is very helpful. I don't really know how it all works, and Hoikas hasn't had time to look into it right now (busy with teaching and all that) but this sort of information is invaluable to solving the problem.

dendwaler wrote:There exist a problem with regions

You can't build above a panic region , even if nothing crosses the region borders!
In the test age "example" i point this out.
you can export this age as ,( the region is initionaly disabled as plasma object) and all works fine!
If you enablethe panic region as plasma object and export it again, then you will panic link on places where you should not.

I can't reproduce this problem. When I export, the panic link only activates when I enter it. Which engine are you testing in? Uru:CC or MOUL? If it's Uru:CC, you may need to flip the normals. I don't normally test in Uru:CC because it's too tedious without the dev console and the ability to launch directly into my test Age.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby dendwaler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 am

Probably i expressed myself not well.

when this panic region is active i cannot walk above the region. but the walking plane is above the region. it should panic because i do not cross the volume in any way.
It is in both conditions of normals, pointing outwards or inwards , behaves the same. it links me to relto as soon as i move in the age after 2 steps.
I can build above it ofcourse above it , but then its impossible to reach.
I think i use CC for export, because i have only builded for deep island until now.
Where can i check that? i see no choise when exporting.
i use a very old file with drizzle in it, its portable and i copied it from pc to pc during the last 10 years or more. :D

hehe, yes, i am used to do those tedious tasks, i had to wait minuts for every export when building the Cathedral.
But now with a decent new high end pc and ssd ,and korman , no its not realy that "tedius"
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:43 am

I wanted to share a nice lightning trick i discovered ,its also in the example age.

inside are several sunlights, but the two most important suns are copy's from each other, so they have exactly the same rotation , however the latter is not realy important.
1 is called Sun_Main and the other Sun_Soft.
Sun_Main is casting shadows, and Sun_Soft is not casting shadows.
with the strength value of sun soft you can now regulate the maximum black value of the shadows in the entire age.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:53 pm

For the panic region, have you tried applying the scale, location, and transform? I know there are still some bugs with certain physics objects with unapplied transforms, but I don't know what the cause is.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 am

Yes, i have tried, but no succes.

dendwaler

Postby dendwaler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:03 am

I noticed something weird.

sometimes when i have a fully textured object , and perform a preview of the lightmap .
i am not always confident, because the lightmap has some overlap in faces, because the UV layout contained closed loops.
So i decide to mark a few extra seams into the object to force the object to split the texture layout , wich forces the texture "Ctrl P" script to make a different Uvmap for the lightning.
Then after performing a new preview of the lightmap , the texture of the main material is replaced by the old lightmap texture of the object. Weird!
Not only for this object but for every object that shares this texture in his material , even if the material itself is not shared!
To continue you have to reload the texture again. I have not yet checked you have to reload for each material or only for the one involved.
So this only occurs if you already have an existing generated lightmap.

I will try to clear it up more with some photoshots.
But it clears up for me why suddenly all objects in my age got those altered lightning.

Its definitly a bug.

Edit,
it has nothing to do with the seams, but its the change of the uv map in general, so it happens as soon as you change something in your unwrapping method that will result in a different mapping.

Personally i re-use parts of an object as a new object in other places, because that part is already uv mapped, it saves me lots of time.
( you can completely alter an objects by changing seperately x, y or z in wisely choosen combinations of grouped vertices inside a mesh without the need to remap, once you understand the logic of mapping)
But here i shrink the Uv map and thereby already introduce a fault.

dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:34 pm

dendwaler wrote:To continue you have to reload the texture again. I have not yet checked you have to reload for each material or only for the one involved.
So this only occurs if you already have an existing generated lightmap.

When this happens, if I'm understanding you correctly, it's because the active UVMap has changed. Check them out on the Data tab (the downward-pointing triangle icon). It only seems to happen sometimes.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:25 am

I definitely found some bugs like what you describe a few weeks ago. The easiest way to cause a texture to be replaced with the lightmap was to try to preview the lightmap while in edit mode. This will be disabled in 0.06. If you can find any other specific ways to cause the bug, I'll try to fix those as well :)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby J'Kla » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am

Are we any closer to release 0.06?

It's been about 6 weeks since I last asked.
J'Kla

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 pm

There have been a few nice bug fixes over the last month, but the one final feature remaining blocking the 0.06 release is still pending. There are also a few more reported URU-crashing bugs that need to be fixed. Any more bug fixes on top of that will be gravy on the 0.06 taters.
Tsar Hoikas

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News