Help! Newest Library and AP Crashes!

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Help! Newest Library and AP Crashes!

Postby phalkon13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm

So, I'm kinda new to the whole User Ages thing. For now, I'm just checking everyone's ages out, and marveling at the quality (like Kierra's work, for instance). I think Ahra Pahts is the most promising of all, but I can't get it to load. I have Uru Library Manager RC5.5 , Ahra Pahts 0.8.9, and a fresh install of Uru: Complete Chronicles. I first tried to run it on URU:ABM + PoTS XP, but it crashed a few times, whereas everyone else's in the library (Public ages, whereas Pahts is defined as "Personal Age") run just fine.
I was wondering what else I might need.
It tells me that I don't have all the files needed, and a reinstall of Uru might help. I read that the Uru Age Manager used to have this problem with earlier versions, but that this problem was fixed in the ULM.
Please help!!
-Phalkon13-
phalkon13

Re: Help! Newest Library and AP Crashes!

Postby Chacal » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:10 pm

That's a known problem with the AP .sum file. Search around here for "Urufun" and you'll find posts with the solution.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby phalkon13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Thanks, you helped me find this:
D'Lanor wrote:I have UruFun mirrored here: http://home.wanadoo.nl/sfinx98/uru/DistUruFun20.zip

thought I'd post it in my message, so tht if anyone else is having problems, they'd find it a bit easier (when I searched, I couldn't find it until I knew what to look for).
Is this a general problem, or just a specific case with a select unlucky few (such as me)?

Also, I see something about Myst V, EoA..... can we use this to import Myst V ages into Uru? (I no that the file structure seems to be the same, as the M5 engine is just an updated Plasma Engine.)
phalkon13

Postby Paradox » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Myst V to Uru is not possible. The Physics engine and the file format have changed. This is the same reason that MOUL content cannot be backported to Uru Complete Chronicles.
Paradox

Postby phalkon13 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 am

Right, because Uru:Prime/CC is Plasma 2.0, Uru Live is Plasma 2.1, and Myst V is Plasma 2.5 . Plus, in Myst V the Physics engine is different than Uru Prime/CC. So porting Uru to M5 would also be out of the question, I assume. I'm guessing that the only way would be to re-compile all the files from M5 to work in the 2.0 Plasma engine, which we can't do, only Cyan could.......
I was just wondering if Urufun might have been a way around that (I tried it, just in case...... but it didn't work.... :) )
phalkon13

Return to Ahra Pahts