two questions about ahra paths and pots

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

two questions about ahra paths and pots

Postby mar » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:20 am

I have two questions:

Ahra Pahts: I have load my shell in Ahra Paths and change the sum file. So far so good .I can walk with my avatar to my shell(s) but I can't come inside. There is some collision. I have looked in the properties but all the strings of the entrance off shell 224 are the same as in my other shells were I can walk inside what is wrong here?

POTS:I have reinstalled URU/POTS and I have change my sav file for my old sav file so that I come directly in my Relto.
But now POTS used more than a half hour for loading up from start to my Relto. Who knows what is happening and is this to change. Or is the best thing to do one more time a new install and play the cleft and not change the sav file.
I have done this more times but never with this result.
mar

Re: two questions about ahra paths and pots

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:56 am

Hello, mar!

Ahra Pahts: Check if you have a collider object that is blocking the entrance to your shell. In Blender, make all the layers visible. One thing that might be blocking it is the reserved sign collider; I think it is in layer 7. [It will have the name 224ShReservedSignCOL.]

POTS: That is a long load time. I would recommend starting a new character; you shouldn't have to reinstall POTS.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby mar » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks Robert for your answer but your suggestion about POTS didn't help with a new avatar :evil: The time for starting up is the same. I think there is something heavely wrong with the installation. So I uninstall and install it again tomorrow.

Further I haven't find the reserved sign collider. I have now removed the collider from the entrance off shell 224. But I think that is not the solution because in the other shells this collider is there too, but there I haven't now trouble. I can't tested know because of POTS.
When I have reinstalled it and try AP I tell you my experience.
mar

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:42 am

Wow - I have no idea what could be causing the slow start-up time.

Another thing to try with the invisible collider: select each object that has collision and press Ctrl-A to apply scaling and rotation to the vertices. It could be that the collider looks like it is in one place in Blender, but is actually in another place in Uru.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to Ahra Pahts