Will I need a new Shell template?

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Will I need a new Shell template?

Postby D'eux » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi folks,

After a year away from all things MYST, I'm diggin out my Shell template to begin a new writing. Is there a new or revised one since the original one tha was sent to me? Please do bear with me while I re-learn all the stuff I've forgotten :(

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Re: Will I need a new Shell template?

Postby Paradox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:43 pm

New shell templates might be coming out soon, but they might also be a while depending on how much time Aloys has to devote to Pahts in the next while.

If you've completed your shell with the old plugin and wanted to get it ready for release, I'd be willing to convert the .blend file to the new plugin. I've had quite a bit of luck converting stuff in the past, but if you're still planning to do modeling, texturing, or sound work... you might want to try converting yourself.

PM me if you'd like it converted, or have any questions about where to start with converting it.

EDIT: I also wanted to say, great to see you again! You have an amazing shell, and I can't imagine what you'll be able to do with the new plugin features!
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey, look who's back.. :)
Nice to have you here..

Ok I will try to get the updated shells ready this week end; as well as fullfill all the pending shell requests. With all the help I got recently it should be easy. :)
Aloys

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Welcome back, D'eux!

By the way - I've used your wonderful Ahra Pahts logo in my shell (111) as well as in Prin Pahts. When the next version of Ahra Pahts comes out, take a look and see how many times you can spot it.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'eux » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks for the welcome back folks. I'm pleased to hear that the logo is still being used and once I get back up and running I hope to be able to submit some more content to the community again. I think I'm going to write my Shell again from scratch as the practice will get my modelling and texturing skills back up to speed and this new plugin definitely sounds interesting. I'll have a good hunt for those logos too Robert!

-: D'eux :-
| Ki# 4586709 | Book of D'eux |
D'eux

Return to Ahra Pahts