Ahra Pahts new version (0.8.6)

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Ahra Pahts new version (0.8.6)

Postby Aloys » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 pm

I am happy to say that after nearly a year of pause the Ahra Pahts project is starting again with this new version. :) It fixes many bugs, and introduces the Prin Pahts nexus. It does introduces a couple new bugs as well but nothing serious.

=> You can download it here: Ahra Pahts 0.8.6.zip (26 megabytes).

Installation
Extract the zip file and put all the content of the Dat folder inside your Uru/Dat folder and put the content of the Python folder into your Uru/Python folder. If you have already tried Ahra Pahts before you can link using the existing page in the Relto ULM book; if you have not installed Ahra Pahts before you must register a link in ULM.
(I will try to get the Age on ULM soon to make things simpler)

Warning!
This Age is still in progress so many things are missing, incomplete, or might change in the future. This is version 0.8.6; the Age will be complete at version 1.0. Also, while all the know collision bugs have been fixed a couple new ones have appeared; so before you link in you must know this:
- it is possible to get stuck in some places, essentially in the canals, that's because you are not supposed to go there. So avoid jumping in the canals (or use flymode to get out).
- there is a new collision problem in the large courtyard in the blue district.(that's the very large courtyard near your linking point) Don't walk on the grass here.
- Unfortunately it appears I have an old version of the Hub, so rather than release an old version full of bugs, the Hub building is missing in this version. :( I will wait until I get the new version, and release an update as soon as possible.
- Using the Prin Pahts books when in third person view can be very slow (the screen stays black because of a camera issue) use the books only when in first person view.

As always, comments and critics are welcome. :)

-----

For those of you that might be interested here are the nifty release notes:

What's new?
As I said, this version is essentialy a "bugfix" version, so it fixes lots of bug but does not includes much new content. That said there are still some interesting new things namely:

- "Prin Pahts", which is essentially a small Age working like the Aegura Nexus except that it is bigger, it has no machine (just good old books), and it is much faster to load. (Prin Pahts is all done by Robert, congrats to him for this wonderfull Age)
- Prin Pahts books everywhere in the city. Be sure to click those only when you are in 'first person' view, or the screen will stay black for a while (the camera is catching up) (Book pedestals were done by Besharen)
- Footsteps sounds. Finally the city is not silent anymore.
- Railways to prevent you from falling in the icy canals. They are not complete and some are missing, it's just a first try.
- Light flares are now on all the lampposts but because of a bug that I can't fix right now they don't appear. :( (the sun disappears as well...)

Bugs fixed:
Too many to name them all but essentially:
- Collisions fixed everywhere, you should not fall through the floor except
- Footsteps in the shells; they were there in the previous version but didn't work.
- Objects disappearing. In certain places objects who disappear from the screen.
- Objects floating above the ground. The Bridges were moved around ingame they are now OK.

Known issues
- You can fall through the floor in the large courtyard in the blue district; don't walk on the grass
- Using the Prin Pahts books when in third person view can be very long (screen stays black for a long timebecause of a camera issue)
- Shell 202 PRP file is missing for now because of a complicated bug that prevents it from loading; this is being worked on.
- Hub is missing, will be fixed ASAP.
- Some railways on the canals are missing, this is temporary.
- Some bridges (in the larger courtyard) don't have collisions.
Last edited by Aloys on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aloys

Re: Ahra Pahts new version (0.8.6)

Postby Paradox » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:06 pm

Allow me to be the first to say: W00T!

(Now if only I could figure out why PotS won't run under wine anymore...)
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:03 pm

I just noticed I forgot the collisions meshes on a series of bridges... :cry:
Also I talked to J'anim, who is doing the Hub, hopefully an new version will be available on monday. I will fix the missing collisions in this version as well (and probably fix another couple things).
Last edited by Aloys on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:16 am

Aloys, I hope you mean ULM, and not UAM, as UAM is dead ;)

If you need any help uploading it to ULM, give me a PM and I'll try to help you out (I think I could also help with the server space for this version).

--TRylon
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Aloys » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:15 am

Haha, yes, I meant ULM, sorry. :) Just an old habit.. (I guess that shows how much I've been away lately :oops: )
Aloys

Postby andylegate » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:48 am

I just got done downloading the files from a link posted over at the Maintainers forum, and got it installed.

*Ahem*

OMG!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is one of the best that I've seen yet of Fan made Ages! LOTS to comment on, but I just wanted to give all those involved a double thumbs up and a round of applause!!!

Just LOVE exploring new things! 8-)
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Whilyam » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:41 am

I noticed there was a buggy light glare in one part of the age. I guess that's what you meant about the glares not working right. Otherwise, it looks great. There's some collision issues in some of the central trangles in each of the city's sections (hard to describe).
Whilyam

Postby Aloys » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks Andy! I'm glad you like the Age :) It's far from perfect yet and I'm curently working to get a new version up for this week end that will fix some of the biggest remaining bugs. I haven't yet been able to fix the lightflares issues, though this is beeing worked on.
Also I will release a new large plan of the city to help people find their way around. Until then you can always have a look at the shells plan here. (the linking point is located between shells 430 and 431)
Aloys

Postby Lontahv » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:18 pm

Why are there no submitted shells shown?
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:17 pm

Simple: no shells have been submitted at this point. ;)
Paradox

Next

Return to Ahra Pahts