Ahra Pahts weekly update #1

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Ahra Pahts weekly update #1

Postby Aloys » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:50 pm

As you may guess by the title of this post I have decided to do weekly updates from now on; each friday evening (if time permits). This may not mean a new version each week, but at least an update about the current state of development. I want to reach version 1 of the Age by mid december(at least my part of the work on it), that leaves me around 6 weeks; and having regularly scheduled updates will help me reach that deadline.
Today, as I had hinted at earlier, there is a new version (0.8.7) which fixes most of the known remaining bugs from version 0.8.6. Most notably:

- Prin Pahts nexus books have all been repositioned, you should not link inside a wall anymore of fall through the floor.
- Light flares on the regular lampposts are now all visible (and so is the sun). (they will be here on larger lampposts later)
- Missing collisions on large blue courtyard have been fixed
- Missing or bugged collisions on some bridges have been fixed

If you see anything that looks like a bug (especially collisions) I'd be very gratefull if you could report it in this thread.

-> Download. (28 megs) - Just extract the files in the right directories and overwrite the old files if you already have a version.)

Also, I wanted to publish a new larger plan of the Age today, but time was missing so that will be for tomorrow. Until then the shells plan here has been updated and the linking point has been added to help you find your way in this big city.

Now that the Age is stable, next week a new version will be there which will include lots of new content. Essentially new courtyards scattered in the Blue district, but other things like plans of the city in some courtyards, direction signs to help you find your way and more.

As usual, comments, critics, and questions are always welcome. :)
Aloys

Re: Ahra Pahts weekly update #1

Postby Paradox » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:59 am

This Age is absolutely amazing!

A few bugs:
- I only saw one light flare (near the large blue courtyard); and it had some really noticeable Z transparency issues. I'm going to look into this more and more to see what can be done about these.
- The entire blue courtyard seemed... offset by a small fraction, and still had random collision issues.
- Prin Pahts is deadly if you are running. Someone fix the friction in that place :shock:

In other news, I've been doing a lot of work on my shell, and my goal is to get some cool region-based sounds working in the plugin soon ;)
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:56 pm

All the courtyards (especially the larger ones) are still very much 'work in progress'. I should have warned about that in my post. Anyhow I did experiment any collision issues.

Also you only see one light flare? :( They work perfectly fine here. Are you sure you have the latest version I posted above?

That's great news about the sound regions! I can't wait till we can add some sound in those Ages. :D
Aloys

Postby Paradox » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 pm

Okay... I take back pretty much everything that I said :P

Apparently Uru likes to keep ages cached in memory... and apparently it likes to do that for days, so even after replacing all of the Ahra Pahts files, I was still seeing an old version.

Light flares look amazing!

Paradox

Postby Aloys » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:58 pm

Yay a real shell! 8-) What is that nice round building? :)

(Also: I'm glad you were seeing the wrong version; I thought for a second I was insane..)

--

As I said earlier yesterday I was working on a new map of the city; here it is:

Image (it a bit large: 1000pixels x 1000; 350kb)

It is an accurate map of the current version of the city (except for the Hub; which should be available soon). I have also added all the registered shells and the linking point. This way you shouldn't all be lost (not too often at least). :) I know the city is a bit confusing right now because it is very repetitive, I'm working on changing that.. This map is actually part of a larger map that will be included in the city in the next version. (it will be in the Hub and in the large courtyards).
Aloys

Postby mar » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:35 am

Whoo!!!!Aloys that's nice. I like it very much. :P

I think that I go reinstall my PTOTS because everything is fine only I get no book into my Relto. So I have see the new
Ahra Path not yet and I am very curious and wan't to walk throught it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Further I have started with modeling my first shell and I shall send soon some screenshots.
I hope we can get soon our develepmont journals back. ;)

Mar
mar

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:39 pm

There are a few names missing on the shell map that have registered on the Alcugs wiki:

126 - Egon
129 - Marcello
201 - Paradox
327 - Marcello
330 - Mar
331 - Mar
332 - Mar
409 - Zrax
411 - boblishman
414 - J'etamo
426 - Zrax
434 - J'etamo
437 - Egon
Paradox

Postby Chacal » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Pahts works fine for me. It does seem very bright though. Is lighting done?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Return to Ahra Pahts