Footstep sound regions overlap

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Footstep sound regions overlap

Postby Grogyan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:40 am

I guess most people that would've visited my shell have done so already, now i'm back onto it again fixing all the faults with it.

Right now I am attempting to eliminate the sound when climbing up the ladder half way changing to something else, and the the top footstep region of metal being heard on the ladder.

Both of these are really annoying, the regions are there, in the right scale and rotation (might double check on that) because I was vertex editing not scaling anything, and as for the sound changing, there is a sound region that crosses that path, but I had deleted that in the beginning, what the heck is going on?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Re: Footstep sound regions overlap

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:08 am

Grogyan: in the current release of Ahra Pahts (0.8.C), the grass footstep sound regions for the shells is in page 0 instead of each shell's page. When Aloys makes the next release, this will be fixed: the footstep regions will be moved to the shells.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Grogyan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:13 pm

Its not the grass footstep region that I having problems with, though I think I can solve a problem there easily enough, but I digress.

If you load up your original Shell that Aloys sent, there are two Footstep regions
one for grass, and the other for the rooftops, thats the one I have deleted (object and its object center), but still exists
Grogyan

Postby Aloys » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 am

Absolutely, as Robert mentions I did a mistake with the latest version, the footsteps region for the shells are also included in the main Pahts file (Pahts_District_city.prp) and you can't deleted those ones. That's the source of your problem, that's not your fault. :)
Fortunately, I am finally getting closer to completing the next version of Ahra Pahts and it will fix that bug.
Aloys

Postby Grogyan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks Aloys, I realised this was the most probable case after Robert advised me so, because the only trick I had left to try was to apply scale and rotation to all my footstep regions failed to show any improvement.

I can now, thanks to you and Robert focus on the overlapping regions at the top of the ladder
Grogyan

Return to Ahra Pahts