Update: Shells ready, v1 finally coming, and Shells Contest

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Update: Shells ready, v1 finally coming, and Shells Contest

Postby Tinuviel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 am

Just wondering when we might get our shells. Finaly got a new laptop and are now ready to try and build my own shell. As if a new laptop will make me better at this, but I can allways hope and live in my illution till the laptop proove me wrong :P
«Borders? I have never seen one, but I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.»
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby MustardJeep » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:23 am

Robert the Rebuilder said
Another question: how do we ensure that the shell author has not been developing the shell prior to the contest? I don't think its possible to enforce this, but on the other hand I don't think people should submit entries that have been worked on for months.

:D I've been building parts of mine for MONTHS, but that's all in blender not a lick of it has ever been successfully exported to Uru. Come time for the RAD I will take all of my rough sketches, a brand new shiny RAD install (Which I am making right now), the GOW tutorial packs and stir.
MustardJeep

Postby Floydman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Just wondering when we might get our shells.

Yes, I too have yet to receive mine.
Floydman

Postby MustardJeep » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 am

I have been recently hearing several people say that Floydman, best thing I can suggest is PM Aloys directly.
MustardJeep

Postby Grogyan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:Another question: how do we ensure that the shell author has not been developing the shell prior to the contest? I don't think its possible to enforce this, but on the other hand I don't think people should submit entries that have been worked on for months.

I guess we'll just have to be honest? :o

Honesty does count some
But considering that only 3 people have actually had shells implemented, my reasoning thus far is that most people are either busy with other things, their shell isn't working, is sparse or something similar.

I don't want to not include anyone, if they started their shell months ago, and its stagnant in its progress, i'd like to request to them they wait until the contest starts before rapidly rework their shell, or build it up
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Tinuviel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:45 pm

MustardJeep wrote:I have been recently hearing several people say that Floydman, best thing I can suggest is PM Aloys directly.

I did that a while back, but have not heard anything yet, so I guess Aloys is busy and will get back to us as soon as he can :)
«Borders? I have never seen one, but I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.»
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby Floydman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 am

Grogyan wrote:Honesty does count some
But considering that only 3 people have actually had shells implemented, my reasoning thus far is that most people are either busy with other things, their shell isn't working, is sparse or something similar.

I don't want to not include anyone, if they started their shell months ago, and its stagnant in its progress, i'd like to request to them they wait until the contest starts before rapidly rework their shell, or build it up

Perhaps in the future the theme should not be disclosed until the contest starts?
Floydman

Pictures

Postby Ehren » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Aloys, are you still going to post screenshots?
Ehren

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 pm

If he doesn't I will, as I will be doing a photo gallery from the last contest as well
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts