Testing new shell

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Testing new shell

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:40 am

Hang in there, Marcello!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Marcello » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:03 am

Lol Robert.... I'm doing ok, although I haven't cracked this problem yet. I copied a set of objects mirrored them and somehow, although the normals seem ok, in UrU they are indeed inverted. I'm missing something here :)
Marcello

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am

Check the scale of the object. If it is negative, then that might be the problem. One way to fix it is to apply the transform to the object's vertices by pressing Ctrl-A. Now the normals should be pointing in the right way in URU.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Marcello » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Got it Robert! Problem solved :) Thnx
Marcello

Postby Atheni33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:45 am

I created a mock up build of my museum and I want to test it out first in Pahts. I downloaded the current version of Plasma and python 2.2.3. I went through the shell check list and I notice one thing I'm not sure about * each object should have the following property: string page_num = 111* I named all my object in the Transform Properties window next to OB: Not sure if that will generate the string page number. The second issue is I didn't get very far on the importing the file.( From the File menu, choose Export->PyPrp, then choose "All as full age, per age textures (.age)") The PyPrp isn't an option on my export menu? :?

Last edited by Atheni33 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atheni33

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:51 am

Atheni33 wrote:I went through the shell check list and the first thing I notice I'm not sure about that * each object should have the following property: string page_num = 111* I named all my object in the Transform Properties window next to OB: Not sure if that will generate the string page number.

This is referring to a logic property. To add this property to your object, first select the object. Then go to the Logic panel (hit the F4 key). You'll see a large "Add Property" button on this panel. Click it, and it will add a blank property. Change the type (the combo box) from Float to String. Change the name of the property from "prop" to "page_num", and set the value to the number of your shell. It should look like the image below.

page_num_property.jpg
page_num_property.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 5884 times

Atheni33 wrote:The second issue is I didn't get very far on the importing the file.( From the File menu, choose Export->PyPrp, then choose "All as full age, per age textures (.age)") The PyPrp isn't an option on my export menu? :?

When you installed the plugin code, did you copy the Python files from the "src" folder into your .blender/scripts folder? Or did you copy the entire "src" folder into .blender/scripts? If you did the latter, then move the files out of the "src" folder and put them directly into the .blender/scripts folder.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Atheni33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:46 am

Uhg..neither! Totally missed that download. I installed the plugin code and it's showing now. Thanx! :lol:
Atheni33

Postby Atheni33 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Ok. I WAS making progress towards testing my shell but I'm stuck again. I tried importing the file but I got a Python script "error check console"? I've tried several different saves, Pahts.age, Pahts_Distric_shell125.age. I have the Pahts.age file but not the PRP file for my shell. I went in and labeled all my objects accordingly even the lamps and I still get the error. I'm not sure but maybe working across shells could be the the problem or because I'm not using in textures at this time. I removed the walls surrounding the middle shell and I duplicated it's standing area to create the space for the two shells on either side. I thought once I successfully import the working shell it will write over other two and remove their walls, could that be the problem. I also notice that when I received the shells it came in about 10x larger than the grid and was floating above it. I kept the size of the shell floor thinking it shouldn't be changed and used it as a template for my build. However I couldn't figure out how to increase the grid size for the build and have been working in..open space :?

Edit: I've attached copy of console log during import..last line RuntimeError: couldn't load image data in Blender.

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:36 am

Looks like the exporter could not find the ShellNumbers.TGA texture. Did you download and unzip the textures.zip file in the same directory as your shell?

MOULagain KI# 1299

Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Atheni33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:09 am

Oops! I sure didn't. :lol:
Atheni33

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts