Shell 'Problem'

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Shell 'Problem'

Postby Corvus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:00 am

Aloys wrote:Robert: it appears this very useful option has been removed in Blender 2.46 :( I don't understand why..

The "Fix broken paths" function has moved from a script to a function in the menu: File -> External Data -> Find Missing Files
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Aloys » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 am

Argh, I can't believe I didn't find it! :x Several weeks ago I had to reorganize my AP files and lost all textures associations, I had to spend litterally on hour just manually reassigning all of them..
Thanks for the tip though it should be handy in the future..
Aloys

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm not sure what I did but I deleted something I wasn't supposed to and really mucked things up. :cry: I had to reinstall everything including CC!! Things were going well until I noticed an error that the python files in Blender was missing. I downloaded and installed Python 2.5 which fixed the missing python files but now I lost the export pluggin. I went back and copied all the src files from GOW PYPRP 1.5.0 folder and placed them in the Blender script folder but the PyPrp export function is still not showing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong it looks like all the files are there. :?

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Aloys » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:27 pm

That's probably because with Blender 2.46 the scripts are in a different folder. They are in :
C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
Aloys

Postby Grogyan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Well that is strange because my scripts are still under the local directory under C:\Program files\Blender3d\.blender\scripts and not had any problems

Though i'm speaking in terms of windows XP, it could be totally different with Windows Vista
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Aloys » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 pm

hmm no, I'm using XP as well. I assume you use 2.46 Grogyan, right?
Aloys

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I found it, thanks Aloys!! I am using windows XP also but I had two blender folders, one must have been for the older version. :)
Atheni33

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:00 pm

It depends on what you choose during installation. If you use the installer that is (there is also a zip download).

So if you reinstall make sure to choose the same option otherwise you end up with two scripts folders.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Grogyan » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Aloys wrote:hmm no, I'm using XP as well. I assume you use 2.46 Grogyan, right?

nope i'm using 2.46x, gonna try 2.47 RC1 soon.

D'Lanor is probably right but I can only remember installing it with scripts in the same installation folder

Edit: Nope the graphic all installer installs it to a default folder not linked to documents and settings, so I just moved all that in the default install folder to where my main install is
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Atheni33 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Not sure what I'm doing wrong..probably something really simple. :roll: I've given up on trying to export my aquarium and started fresh with just one of my three shells and a simple cube. I was able to export the shell but not the cube with no errors. I did noticed the file hasn't change it's as if the cube was completely ignored during exporting. From what I've been reading on the forum it probably my texture. I added a lamp of course, I've tried UV mapping material, texture and image and still get nothing. (not sure if I'm doing it correctly) I've copied the exported file into the CC dat folder and updated Pahts through plazma. And now the floor texture disappeared (which I haven't touched) I'm able to enter the shell but after a few seconds CC crashes. :cry:

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

PreviousNext

Return to Ahra Pahts