Shell 'Problem'

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: Shell 'Problem'

Postby Atheni33 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Not sure what I'm doing wrong..probably something really simple. :roll: I've given up on trying to export my aquarium and started fresh with just one of my three shells and a simple cube. I was able to export the shell but not the cube with no errors. I did noticed the file hasn't change it's as if the cube was completely ignored during exporting. From what I've been reading on the forum it probably my texture. I added a lamp of course, I've tried UV mapping material, texture and image and still get nothing. (not sure if I'm doing it correctly) I've copied the exported file into the CC dat folder and updated Pahts through plazma. And now the floor texture disappeared (which I haven't touched) I'm able to enter the shell but after a few seconds CC crashes. :cry:

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Jojon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 am

Your cube does have the page_num = your_shell_number property, I take it? (I keep forgetting that myself. :P)
Jojon

Postby Atheni33 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 am

Yeah my cube has the correct property string. I also notice my shell is missing the number. Are there more than one file were supposed to move? I've placed the new 'Pahts_Distric_Shell125.prp in the CC dat folder and auto build the sum file in Plasma am I missing a step? :?
Atheni33

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 am

No, just the Shell125.prp file is fine.

Did you export your shell using the option "All as full age, per-page textures (.age)"?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Atheni33 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:02 am

I managed to get the lawn and my shell number back (it was set on OB vs ME). I set my cube on ME (deleted the materials created on OB) and it's still not showing. And I have been exporting All as a full age-per page texture. So now I know the problem is with the cube :?

Amend: Success!
Show Spoiler

I went in and compared the shell objects to my cube and notice there was no physics assigned to it. I added a static triangle mesh collision to the cube and it seemed to work. (I didn't think you had to add a physics attribute just to see it). I got a cube..WooHoo!! :P
Atheni33

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts