University of Ahra Pahts

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

University of Ahra Pahts

Postby Dot » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Many cities have universities, so why not Ahra Pahts?

This is something I've been mulling over for some time: how to get the research done by explorers into game. I imagined wandering into Ireen and Ti'chelle's study, say, and getting to read their research journals -- based on that wonderful thread Ireen compiled of explorers' encounters with bahro, for example, or a script of the bahro glyph tours, complete with linking panels to the relevant areas. Perhaps a video of one of the encounters could be playing on a laptop when awoken from sleep.

Then there's history, linguistics, engineering, earth sciences, zoology -- all sorts of possibilities present themselves.

The thing is, I'm not a Writer. Is this something that others might like to work on with me as a team?
Dot

Re: University of Ahra Pahts

Postby Jojon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 pm

I believe this would be covered by the ERC age, that has its own subforum, right here. I suggest you take a peek at it -- I bet Ruvinka and Jennifer and the others would welcome your joining them warmly. :)
Jojon

Re: University of Ahra Pahts

Postby Dot » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks, Jojon. I will.

Edit: I've been skimming through the subforum -- it looks a fascinating and beautiful project.

However, it's not quite what I had in mind. I'm thinking of something more like Sharper's office -- a place where there's evidence of people studying and working, rather than a gallery or exhibition or garden area. The interest lies in the working journals, photos, maybe even an academic-style offprint, rather than objets d'art.

I'll mull some more.
Dot

Return to Ahra Pahts