AhraPhats not public nor working

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: AhraPhats not public nor working

Postby SeryousYew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:45 am

There's a similar issue also here http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1748. Also for me Pahts was blu but I've not checked the pak files.
I hope will be of some help. :D
SeryousYew

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:34 am

SeryousYew wrote:I think I have the same issue. I'm running URU PotS on WinXP and the installation folder is "URU - Ages Beyond Myst" (first installed URU ABM then PotS extension pack) and followed the procedures.
The AhraPaths book doesn't appear in my Relto but the others public ages works fine, I've tried even to change book n° but there was no way. I hope we'll find a solution! :roll:

Are you able to add ages from the Personal tab over to a book in ULM? Or are you having Fezz's problem where he cannot even select an age in the Personal tab?
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Fezz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 am

Bad is as good as it gets !!!
Oh my, lets hope not, and thanks I had to laugh.:)
Last edited by Fezz on Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fezz

Postby diafero » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:40 am

What the...? It seems I missed something, or there are two ways of reading English sentences and the way Fezz uses gives completely different results than mine. I stopped reading when I saw something like "people who are doing a hard job creating a huge age and pushing the edges of what the Uru engine can do with a really huge age, and who make that age available during development for others to enjoy it, and who dare to protect their email accounts by obfuscating their email address (which btw. is a very common practice in the whole internet), must be the same that block nexus books". Please correct me if I understood it wrong... and I actually hope someone will correct me because the above does not make any sense at all.

The "Personal Ages" tab in the ULM just means that the age listed there is not published on the ULM server you are currently using. That could be because you are still developing it, because you got a development version from someone else, because it's a very old age which is no longer listed in the ULM, or because someone decided that while the age is good and stable enough to be downloaded and tested, it is not yet ready enough to be listed alongside the other ages in there. I really don't understand why that can be such a big deal. But it seems trying to explain is useless since one must WANT to understand the reasons in order to get them, so I won't bother going more into the details.

*me is REALLY confused*
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby SeryousYew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 am

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:Are you able to add ages from the Personal tab over to a book in ULM? Or are you having Fezz's problem where he cannot even select an age in the Personal tab?

I've missed this detail about Fezz's problem but I CAN select and move age from personal tab (I have only AP) but AP's books doesn't appear in my Relto shelf; Aerie for example works fine. I've found another similar problem (see my previous post) but the mine doesn't have the same solution so I'm wondering if is some particular release of AP to do this issue.
I'll do some other attempts and let you know.
SeryousYew

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 am

SeryousYew and Fezz: here's something to try to make sure that ULM's mechanism for adding Personal age books to Relto works in your TPOTS installation. This won't solve the ULM interface issues, but hopefully it will at least get you into Ahra Pahts.

- Make sure you have one downloaded age from the Public list added to the first Relto book. And make sure you are able to visit that age in Uru.

- In your URU folder, locate the file ULMLinkBook.inf. Make a backup copy of it in some other directory, because we're going to make a change to it.

- Open ULMLinkBook.inf in your text editor of choice (NotePad, WordPad, etc). The file should look something like this:

Code: Select all
[Book 0]
link:Aerie,Aerie,LinkInPointDefault,Aerie,,(default)

- Replace the line under your [Book 0] entry with the following line:

Code: Select all
link:Pahts,Pahts,LinkInPointDefault,Pahts,,(default)

- Save your file and exit the text editor.

What we have done is what ULM should have done - added Ahra Pahts to your first book on the lower Relto shelf. Now start up URU and see if you can visit Ahra Pahts. Let me know how this goes.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby SeryousYew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:37 am

It works for me! Robert: you're my hero! :D
SeryousYew

Postby Jojon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Btw, aren't the icons for ALL personal (or "local") ages blue? I thought that was what the colour signified, rather than some error. :7

EDIT: Well, I might have simply checked BEFORE posting - yes they are. :P
Jojon

Postby BAD » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Fezz,

I am better than I can get..... O.o Ok even I don't know what that means....

Seriously, AP has had dwindling support and just recently has been getting a lot of attention. Aloys is more than likely a bit overwhelmed by all of it.

I do want to stress to you that AP is a private project, not a community one, even though it has many community members creating shells for it. What I mean by that is that the GOW itself has no say in what happens to it.

I'm glad I could bring to light some things for you. :)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Fezz » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Well, I would hope a site tries its best to provide correct information, which I felt was not the case.

I have gone beyond this situation, this time I removed the aspects that upset me.
I just dont deal with the alloy sites.

The GoWs (most) are such a big help, I am sorry if any of this was a problem.
Now back to Age Creation.

Until LESS is MORE
Fezz
Fezz

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts