A few more problems with shells

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

Re: A few more problems with shells

Postby Paradox » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Christian Walther wrote:
Atheni33 wrote:I down loaded the prp file and it works fine now..no more memory errors.

Cool. In that case, I recommend that change (r349) to be merged into the trunk, if one of the developers is listening.

Done. Thanks for fixing that bug, I seem to recall it had been problems for a few people.
Paradox

Postby Atheni33 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Hmmm. Looks like I spoke to soon. I was able to modify my shell and export several times after downloading the prp file until later today. I'm getting the memory error again. :? The only way I can export is to save the blend file, quit out of blender, then open blender up again and export.
Atheni33

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:51 am

Does the error still happen at the same line of code? Please post a copy of the whole error message, starting at the line Traceback (most recent call last): (or another screenshot of the console window).

I could imagine that there are other places in the code that use a lot of memory besides the one I fixed, and you could be hitting one of them now.
Christian Walther

Postby Atheni33 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:14 am

Christian - I copied the entire export log. You know this all started when I created this plant for my fountains. I started out with a simple object which was textured, using the spin function I multiplied it several times creating this feather like effect. I liked it so much I populated through out my build. Is it possible an object is causing the memory error?

Show Spoiler
Atheni33

Postby Christian Walther » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 am

Haha, I must be blind - that spot was just 5 lines below the one I fixed. :lol: Updated version at the same location. Keep going, eventually we'll catch all of them...

Atheni33 wrote:Is it possible an object is causing the memory error?

Well, having more complex objects that use more memory may trigger it, but the actual cause is just sloppy programming in PyPRP that causes it to use much more memory than necessary. And apparently the developers all have tons of memory so they don't notice.
Christian Walther

Postby Lontahv » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:37 pm

I notice the memory usage of PyPRP.

Blame trying to do low-level things with a high-level language. :P

Drizzle suffers from this as well.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Previous

Return to Ahra Pahts