AhnySphere04 in Pahts

A community Age for Uru.

Moderator: Aloys

AhnySphere04 in Pahts

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:18 am

While flying around in Pahts, I made the following interesting obersvation (had to upload this somewhere else as the board upload mechanism says "Could not upload attachment to ./files/450_d4a956d6937711e7cdd5b68e5d3b6ead."):
(yes, this pas parts of Ahnonay Sphere 4 floating in Ahra Pahts)

This strange phantom follows me to all other ages - here it is in Teledahn:

I investigated a bit further, and here it what obviously happens: When I am in Pahts and use the Prin to link to the Hub, it pages in not only Pahts_District_Hub.prp but also AhnySphere04_District_Hub.prp (obviously, PtPageInNode loads all prp files with the given page name) bringing parts of Ahnonay into Pahts. When I then link out, the game pages out all pages related to Pahts, but it does not page out what it loaded from AhnySphere04, so I now have this in every age I link to.
I think renaming the Pahts page should be a way to fix that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: AhnySphere04 in Pahts

Postby Chacal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 pm

On the other hand, having the Kadish statue in Pahts would be AWESOME.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Re: AhnySphere04 in Pahts

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Prad has two prp files that are paged in: Prad_District_pradSky.prp and Prad_District_pradStars.prp. Since Sky and Stars are common names which could be used in other ages I took the precaution of adding an extra 4 letter prefix as Cyan often does (which in my case is similar to the full age name).

I suggest changing the prp name to something like Pahts_District_phtsHub.prp following that same 4 letter convention.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Return to Ahra Pahts